|Sent on:||Monday, November 1, 2010 10:36 AM|
Gilt City (our new venture / start up) is looking for Software Engineers to join its fast growing team. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. The position itself will be along the lines of 50% Rails / 50% Java. If you’re currently learning Ruby / Rails and have developed in other languages, that’s fine as well. Thanks!
Our newest concept, Gilt City is a separate fully owned subsidiary of Gilt Groupe headquartered in the vibrant Chelsea neighborhood of New York City. Gilt City will provide desirable experiences, access and services to Gilt’s members in major cities nationwide. Gilt Groupe provides members with the most coveted products and travel services at incredible value either in price or proposition. Gilt City will extend the Gilt lifestyle with coveted offerings at incredible value for restaurant reservations, spa services, cultural events, artistic performances and more.
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing applications for the production websites ranging from search, product presentation, usability etc. The application engineer will be building on top of a rich service oriented platform.
· Conceptualize, design and implement application features of Gilt Groupe, both consumer facing and administrative
· Iterate the site as an advocate of the end user, identifying pitfalls and opportunities in pursuit of a more attractive experience for our consumers
· Ensure the delivery of a Rich user experience
· Interface with other teams on a daily basis, including creative and backend engineering teams
· Experience developing a customer facing web application
· 3+ years of experience hand-coding pages using HTML/CSS
· 3+ years of experience with JSP, JSTL, layout and decorator frameworks that integrate with Java is a plus
· Experience with Postgres / Mysql database
· Ability to create consistent pages, both visually and technically, across Internet Explorer 6/7/8, Firefox 2/3, Safari 3/4 and Chrome
· Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments where engineers play a direct role in conceptualizing product requirements
· Experience with Dynamic Scripting languages, such as PHP or Ruby
· Ability to work collaboratively with developers as well as editorial/creative staff
· Past experience with consumer facing products and a basic understanding of user psychology
· BS in Computer Science (or related field) or comparable work experience
Manager of Technical Recruiting
New York, NY 10011
Please visit our careers page: www.gilt.com/company/careers