|Sent on:||Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:51 PM|
Both of these positions are salaried, direct-hire positions with full benefits! Please contact me directly at [address removed] if you would be interested in hearing more about these opportunities or feel free to pass this info along to other developers who may be interested. Our fees are always company paid and we maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in your job search.
Our client is a truly dynamic company
that is a forerunner in the field of digital entertainment media. This
individual will be an integral part of the group developing new applications
and services that bring traditional media to rich interactive web applications.
Fun work environment in Union Square area, strong comp plan, and more!
* Design Ruby on Rails applications
* Understand the demands of a startup and look forward to it
* Write tests before write code
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or IT related major
* Ruby on Rails, ERB, RJS, YAML,
* REST, Resource-Oriented "addressable, connectable" services design
* Application deployment through Capistrano
* Front-end tier concepts:
* Middle/DB tier elements
o MySQL - table design, query tuning, explain, indexing, import/export
* Page caching, edge caching, reverse proxy
* Good understanding of proper HTTP use
* Well versed in Agile Development practices.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer. ABSOLUTELY NO CORP TO CORP. This is a permanent, direct hire position.
Our client is a small company that is owned by a large international media company so they offer the best of both worlds! Great midtown location.
Work in a team to technically design, develop, configure and deploy E-Commerce solutions for our clients.
Key Roles and Duties
1. Develop, test and implement scalable, maintainable, and well documented E-Commerce solutions
2. Deliver project work to defined timescales and deadlines
3. Proactively report on project progress and issues
Skills and Experience
· Working knowledge of object-oriented design, MVC concept, application integration, Web development.
· A minimum of 1 year Ruby on Rails experience
· A minimum of 1 year HTML and CSS
· A minimum of 1 year of database experience (MySQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle).
· A minimum of 1 year XML technology experience (XSD, SAX, DOM, XSLT, etc.).
· Knowledge of Apache webserver
· Knowledge of AJAX.
· Experience in developing E-Commerce solutions
· BS or MS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
· Good analytical, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
· Self-assured and confident with a professional approach.
· Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
· Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
Dunhill Professional Search
[masked] x 3003
This email message originally included an attachment.