NYC on Rails Message Board › Legal startup seeks lead software developer
New York, NY
Priori Legal is looking for a self-motivated and determined web developer to join our team and steer the future development of our platform. We are a well-funded startup early in our lifecycle poised to disrupt how businesses find, retain and pay for legal services. This is a unique opportunity to work on a small, passionate and collaborative team, and whomever we hire will work closely with the founders in a fast-paced environment.
Our backend is built in Rails, deployed to Heroku, and backed by Postgres. The code is clean, and a lot of the heavy lifting has already been done. We’re looking to hire a skilled technologist to take us to the next level. This developer will continue to refine existing features, and conceptualize and develop new features responsive to user feedback post-launch.
Our ideal candidate has several years of experience building and maintaining production web applications. Our developer must be comfortable working on the full application stack.
• Build and maintain a Rails 3 Web Application
• Experience with PostgreSQL or similar SQL databases
• Work with Git
• Build and make routine modifications to HTML5 / CSS3 web pages
Non-Tech Skills & Experience
• Both a self-starter and a team-player
• Ability to estimate project length, communicate strategic tradeoffs effectively to non-tech types, and execute a long-term plan with many moving parts
• Comfortable being the only developer on a small business team (for now)
Benefits & Compensation
• Flexible hours
• No bureaucracy
• Work directly with the owners
• Discretion and control over tech stack
• Must work full-time from our Manhattan-based office
• Competitive salary and health insurance
How to Apply
Send resume to email@example.com