NYC on Rails Message Board › Ruby Developer Job Opportunity - All Out
New York, NY
All Out is mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
In our first two years, All Out's growth has been explosive - we have more than 1,600,000 members from every country on the globe - but numbers aren't what we're most proud of. By working online and offline and in close partnership with human rights defenders in every region, All Out is having a real impact.
We're looking for an amazing Ruby Developer to maintain and expand our implementation of a first-of-its-kind, open-source global campaigning application.
• An expert with Ruby on Rails (3.2.13)
• Demonstrable experience with Heroku and Amazon AWS (including EC2, RDS, and S3)
• Experienced in optimizing and tuning applications including network and database layers
• Expert knowledge of email delivery, especially at large volumes via SendGrid
• Experience with multi-threaded applications and distributed/queued processes
• Familiarity with Solr/Redis/Delayed Job
• Strong ability to troubleshoot system issues
• Expert knowledge of Git and Github
• Some knowledge of DNS and SSL
How to Apply:
Pay is competitive and based on experience. This position will initially be contract-based and could grow into a full-time position. All Out is based in New York, but we will accept applications from any location. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants.
To apply, please send a brief cover note, explaining your fit for the role and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Ruby Developer.” Please indicate where you learned of the position.