The NYC Pittsburgh Penguins Meetup Group Message Board Penguins Hockey › Pens Trade Deadline 2009

Pens Trade Deadline 2009

BklynPeter
user 2505092
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 4
So Whitney's gone and we got Kunitz a winger and a prospect, winger Tangardi.

Well we had to get rid of some D and Whitney was not cutting it this year, which also lowered his trade value. The only asset of his that we may miss is his size. Next to Gill he was the only other big D guy.

I think Kunitz might be pretty good though. Good scoring potential, tough( will get the puck in the corner, unlike Satan), tough as in will kick anyone's ass if they mess with Sid, and finally (and perhaps most overlooked) this is an experienced even keeled NHL'r. The kind of guy that Crosby needs to have around him to help him with his nhl growing pains.
A former member
Post #: 201
Whitney could move the puck pretty well too. Still, not too upset to see him go. His salary was pretty high as well.

Pens definitely need more grit, biggest thing missing from this seasons team compared to last years. I hope Shero isn't done - I'd love to see Staal get traded.
Bryan G.
user 8896586
Perth Amboy, NJ
Post #: 4
Satan has been placed on waivers.