NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › November NYC Web Design Meetup
New York, NY
I hope you'll join us for our first NYC Web Design Meetup in our new space (graciously provided by AOL Ventures, http://www.aolventure..., featuring an improved format and an excellent line-up of speakers! Our next NYC Web Design Meetup will be:
Monday, November 15, 2010
7:00pm - 9:00pm
We have just opened up additional slots, please RSVP now:
Our Agenda will be:
- a Presentation by Paul Hine, User Experience Designer, ZocDoc (http://www.zocdoc.com...)
- website design critique by a panel of designers
- open networking and socializing
* Presentation: Paul Hine, User Experience Designer, ZocDoc (http://www.zocdoc.com...)
How do you design a successful website for an industry where everything is complicated and frustrating? Make it extremely simple and usable. Learn how ZocDoc uses A/B testing, user testing, and funnel analysis to keep it simple, and then discover how we're using interaction design, surveys and personas to turn ZocDoc into a household name.
ZocDoc is used by over 200,000 patients a month to find doctors by insurance, read patient reviews and book appointments online. The company is funded by Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Bezos Expeditions, and Salesforce.com founder Marc Benioff. Paul Hine joined the ZocDoc team as User Experience Designer in 2009 after founding and managing a small web design firm in Brooklyn.
* Design Review: A panel of 3 experienced web designers will review a website and provide web design critique. Afterwards, the site and panel will be opened up to the group for feedback.
This month, the panel will be moderated by Rich Franconeri of Rubenstein Technology Group (http://www.rubenstein..., and will include:
- Mahdad Taheri, TVI Designs (http://www.tvidesigns...) and Noo.comm (http://www.noo.com/...)
- John Stislow, Stislow Design + Illustration (http://www.stislow.co...)
- a third designer, to be named
We'll split our time into about 90 minutes of presentations and discussion, and 30 minutes of open networking. Refreshments will be served, so please join us (and bring a friend to help our group grow!). We're always looking for presenters for future Meetups -- if you have a topic you'd like to present, or a website you'd like to have critiqued, please get in touch.
+ ONLINE NYC WEB DESIGN GROUPS
Be sure to join our NYC Web Design groups on other online sites:
I hope to see you on Monday!
Jaron Rubenstein, NYC Web Design Meetup Organizer
President, Rubenstein Technology Group