NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › Unusual Lovable Startup seeks UX savvy Designer or DesignAdvisor(with graphi
|A former member||
Unusual Consumer Startup (CoupleSpace) Needs top UI/UX expert advisor or part-time Designer
WHAT ARE WE:
The mission of CoupleSpace (working title) is to be the first and hopefully always the best truly robust—highly interactive, individualizable, and engaging web app to enable virtually all couples, especially the 50MM or so unhappy US/Canada/Britain/AU couples who cannot afford or won't trust a therapist to have stronger happier relationships. Hopefully we’ll also be at least quasi viral and even at times fun. CoupleSpace will also be for new couples and also for therapists to use as an aftercare tool. (We can do at least 8 things a therapist CANNOT do.)
Monetization model: $9-19/mo, with over 65% of 2000 survey confirming they would pay that for a web app offering what we'll be offering. So CS could make millions/month,even if we spread to only one percent of the market.
Our min viable product beta is almost finished. So a designer is urgently needed.
We also have several interested seedfunders, so believe we are close to funding.
Here are just a few things we have going for us, which hopefully is more than most startups (see the last item as well if you are someone wanting to make big difference in the world):
1) Well received alpha (proof of concept) by nearly 100 couples, and nearly half finished MVP beta; plus finished beta for sister feeder site, StopArguingNow.com (needing funds to get initial traffic going via social media )
2) Strong uniquely qualified team including two excellent Ruby engineers, one a single dad (who was blindsided just like the CEO/founder, moi)
3) A novel scalable solution to a blue ocean market, perfectly timed for the economy and trends in use of the Internet (from quantity to quality of relationships), with solid biz model: More than 2/3 of couples (big market research survey) said they would pay $19/mo for our web service if available today and they had a serious issue
4) Well thought out quasi viral tactics using twitter and FB to spread CoupleSpace, plus huge word of mouth potential
5) Solid BP and Marketing Plan (finalist in major BP competition), including interested Fortune 50 business partners.
6) Amazingly, a lack of any real competition (though lots of simple websites, blogs, and only two (not much needed) one-service-only wep apps)
7) Strong potential Fortune 50 partnerships (with Health Insurance, EAP providers, and large employers (for their HR departments)
8) Founder wants to donate virtually all of his own profits to urgent and important social justice and environmental causes, thereby putting LOVE together with Justice and the Planet
1) indicate in sub box: Designer or Design Advisor/[your city][how heard of us]
2) send short note as to why you are attracted and major concerns
3) email: gary at couplespace (all one word) dot net. Interns welcome, especially if you
know of a guru you’d like to approach to be your mentor