addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › Mystery, how did they do this?

Mystery, how did they do this?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone,

It was nice meeting you at the webdesign meetup!

I was the one dressed in black who brought up the question on how it seems that there's a new advanced and more direct method of exporting your Photoshop drawn file into html.

Its best to see the file below to understand what I mean. Please unzip the file and compare the Flash, HTML only, and the PSD version of the website. They are all practically identical. If you have any thoughts on precisely how they did it, please let me know. Things of note include the precise HTML output of the fonts, the text box inside the PSD, and the odd method of using so many layers for each and every object in the PSD. Current guesses are that much of the work was done in Macromedia Fireworks or CorelDraw. Dont forget to use the slice select tool and look at the result in Photoshop.

The great mystery is how they were able to retain much of the info inside a PSD file. So evidently the product of the website must be a program that can work with PSD.

http://www.seansu.com...­

(Please do not distribute or use the contents of this file for any purposes other than strict personal research).

And remember to share your theories!!

Best Regards,
Sean Hsian Su

PS: To sum it up, the main question here is, is there a program that takes websites drawn in Photoshop, saved in PSD, exports certain of the text into html (not as images) and then also even has web elements that are saved into the PSD, like text boxes or drop down menu's or submit boxes? My best guesses are CorelDraw and Fireworks.
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Sean- I quickly looked at your files and still have no idea how it was done and I have little time to allocate to it . . . . I personally have never heard of converting a psd to html. There has to be a third program helping out.

Sorry but I cannot help. Check out www.devshed.com and see if they have any ideas.

good luck.

Chris
A former member
Post #: 5
Well one thing is, I've noticeed across a few of their templates that all the PSD's have objects sliced perfectly, a person could not spend all that time doing each and every layer like that... giving away that it must be a third party program. I'm trying my best to find it. Any clues anyone?