NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › web designer needed for start-up that empowers grassroots activism

web designer needed for start-up that empowers grassroots activism

A former member
Post #: 2
Hello!

I’m starting a nonprofit, based in NYC, and we are looking for a (talented, charming, socially-minded) web designer. Consider the conch shell blown!

The idea:
I'm starting an organization called PandoProjects to support citizen-run volunteer projects all across the United States. I want to create a civic engagement platform so that any American who is concerned about an issue can step up, mobilize friends, and launch a grassroots project to address that issue in their local community. With our online platform, people will be able to spread the word about their project, manage volunteers, organize events, and raise money. We will also connect all the projects together in a central database, searchable by issue and location, to document and celebrate the innovative local strategies that citizens develop to tackle the problems in their communities. There will also be a mentorship component, helping to increase the efficiency and impact of every project.

The projects will not be one-time events, but rather longer initiatives that can be executed in under one year for under $5K. Our target market is college students who have time, want to make a difference, and are looking to differentiate themselves as leaders and change-makers to potential employers. I think college students have the ability to make an extraordinary impact within their communities… I simply want to unleash their potential to change the world.

The need:

Pando is in the process of incorporating as a nonprofit. In the meantime, we want to build a pilot website and launch in late-fall/early-winter with 25 pilot projects. We have two developers and a web architect… all we need is a designer and the pilot site can move forward. Ideally, the designer will be on our Founding Team and will help design the final site, which will support thousands of grassroots projects across the U.S.

Interested?
Contact milena@pandoprojects.org. For more information, you can check out the promotional site www.pandoprojects.org.

Interested but not a designer?
We still need you!! Email me and let me know how you’d like to get involved.

Thanks for reading. Have a great night and I hope to hear from some of you!

Cheers,
Milena

--

Milena Arciszewski
Founder and Executive Director, PandoProjects
www.pandoprojects.org
Twitter: @pandoprojects

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." (via Margaret Mead)