NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › Freelance Developers of New York seeks partner with marketing & web desi
|A former member||
Freelance Developers of New York (FDONY) was formed with the notion of serving the interests of both freelance web professionals and project owners/managers seeking to outsource their projects to freelancers. Freelancing industry exists because of its lower bottom line which translates to lower project development costs for project owners/managers. However, this industry has its own disadvantages. After coming into contact with a lot of disgruntled project owners/managers and salvaging a lot of projects from incompetent and/or unreliable freelance web developers, I formed the FDONY to eliminate some of these demerits such as risk, uncertainty, poor product quality, unreliability, poor communication, unaccountability, and lack of standards hence our motto: "Freelance Prices Without Sacrificing Quality and Accountability". By removing these stigmas against freelancers, FDONY consequently increases business for freelance web professionals. We bring more business to our members.
"Freelance Prices Without Sacrificing Quality and Accountability" - The Nationwide Project
Currently, the FDONY is building a nationwide platform known as the Web Professionals Directory that encompasses the principles mentioned above as well as facilitate web business processes for both web professionals and entrepreneurs/businesses. The backbone of this project is bringing together all sorts of web professionals from both freelance and firm-based backgrounds (programmers, graphic & web designers, web & software engineers, web & social media marketers, animators, search engine optimization specialists, web market researchers et cetera) with the general public, businesses, entrepreneurs, and the corporate community for the purpose of business development, collaboration, networking, and fulfillment.
To facilitate these business processes, the Web Professionals Directory is a platform where
1. Web professionals/web service providers can showcase their services as well as interact with prospective clients.
2. Entrepreneurs, small businesses, corporate IT departments, and recruiters can interact with web professionals for project development, consultation, collaboration, outsourcing, fulfillment and recruitment.
3. Service providers/web professionals can exhibit their portfolios through the platform's portfolio repository.
4. Dedicated individual service category groups complete with group networking and communication tools.
5. Project owners/managers can submit private RFPs/RFQs (request for quotes/proposals) to specific service providers or groups of web professionals. And these web professionals can post their quotes/proposals viewable to the original project owner/manager.
6. Recruiters/employers can post jobs/employment opportunities for web professionals, and view & sort applications/resumes.
7. Outsourcing and coordinating a technical intensive project becomes easy for IT Departments/Project Owners through our Project Management Solution.
Current stage of project.
Alpha - Beta stage of the Web Professionals Directory with about 250 registered web professionals and general members located at www.FDONY.org.
What we are looking for in a prospective partner, return offer, and contact us please see the complete thread at .http://www.meetup.com...