Back again, by popular demand, our next meetup is all about making sweet music together. Or drunkenly shouting into microphones, depending on your singing ability / intoxication level.
This one is going to be pretty straight forward: we'll meet up @ the FFL, share some WoW talk, grab some warm-up beverages and pizza & then head across the street to Karaoke BOHO for some sweet mic action. My usual preference is to rent a room (for convenience), but I will defer to group consensus if people want to sing at the bar. If this is your first time (yay!), have no worries about embarrassing yourself in front of TOTAL strangers - it'll be mostly us nerds. Things to consider:
1) EVERYONE MUST SING AT LEAST ONE SONG! No lurkers. I know, some of us are shy but trust me, you'll enjoy it.
2) Before we leave the FFL, we'll decide whether we will sing in the front of BOHO or rent a private room. I am more of a private room man myself (lights on or off is ladies choice ;) ) but it can sometimes end up costing more. Bar singing is cheaper, but gets more difficult as the bar fills up during the night. This can lead to much longer wait times for songs, so just be aware. If waiting gets tiresome (you DPS queue-rs know what I mean) a room can still be acquired.
3) Start thinking of songs you'd like to sing early! Maybe even write down a list. Trust me - it's sometimes difficult to remember, even a song you sing in the shower everyday.
4) The event is a safe place, so no disparaging remarks about singing ability. Good natured ribbing is fun, shouting "You suck!" is not. Not that I think anyone in this meetup would do that anyway.
5) Karaoke BOHO is cash ONLY! There is an ATM on site, and Chase and Bank of America ATMs within easy walking distance.
6) Only I am allowed to sing Sweet Caroline.
That's it! So, start practicing now and get ready to /sing!