Here we go again! Thanks in part to the success of our previous picnics and numerous requests to do it again, I thought it was time to get outside and enjoy our nice summer weather (when it's not raining, that is). Basic setup is the same:
1) Bring food! It's a picnic after all. But that's not all...let's strive to bring/make World of Warcraft related dishes! I know you've always wanted to try your hand at some Beer Basted Boar Ribs; well here's your chance! Anything you like, any way you like, just try give a little flavor of Azeroth.
Here's a recipe list to get you started: http://www.wowhead.com/skill=185/cooking
And some examples of what I'm talking about: http://mabination.com/threads/878-World-of-Warcraft-Food-Recipes-In-real-life
Just keep in mind it may be hot that day (for perishable items) and I'm fairly sure most fields don't have grills to finish preparations. Also, remember to bring disposable containers if you have leftovers and don't think you'll want to transport them back (portals will be unavailable this meetup ;) ).
2) I know that we all love our stout drinks, but keep in mind that alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the park. I'm Just sayin. I don't think the police will accept "It's cool, I play a Dwarf" as an excuse. Feel free to get Nogginfoggered up before or after, if you like. Rogues, you can try to be stealthy, but if park security comes around you better Vanish.
2) This meetup is particularly weather dependent, so keep checking back as the day draws nearer for any updates on a location/date change. Should rain come our way, this may become a Karaoke or other meetup instead!
3) I know it's called Sheep Meadow, but there are no actual sheep, and no Mages, you are not allowed to sheep the picnickers.
4) There may be critters around. I do not recommend that you try to /hug or /love them, I don't care if it is an achievement. And for Garrosh's sake, do not KILL THEM!
5) We may have a limit of 20 people on this Meetup due to permit restrictions, so sign up early!
6) You don't have to bring enough food to feed the entire Alliance/Horde. Probably not even a 10-man. There will be a lot of it (hopefully) so keep it light to prevent waste. Small tastes & we'll have plenty to share.
7) I still love Carrot Cake. Just throwin that out there, again. ;)
And that's about it. Hope that's enough time to plan and that people can make it out. I'm looking forward to whatever creative dishes you Illustrious Chefs can make. My thanks to everyone that requested/suggested another picnic meetup!