NYC Animal Advocacy Network Message Board › Brooklyn Brownstone Available to Share at End of May

Brooklyn Brownstone Available to Share at End of May

A former member
Post #: 166
Private floor of brownstone, one flight up, available to rent at the end of May.

After almost a year and a half, my husband and I are moving to be closer to my dad, so our floor of a Bay Ridge brownstone will be available in a few weeks.

Our middle floor is private, with two bedrooms (one large and one small), a nice-size middle room, and a very large living room, plus a nice-size bathroom with tub and all new fixtures and tiles. The large shared large kitchen and pantry are downstairs, in our housemates’ space. You would go downstairs to use the kitchen; they don’t share any of the second floor space.

The living room faces the street and has a big, beautiful bay window, a large, built-in mirror, and two pockets doors that open onto the front hallway. The two bedrooms face the planted backyard and get great light. There is a large closet with a pole for hanging clothes in the small bedroom, with storage shelves above and below, an additional high storage shelf, and small shelves on the wall. There is a room-length pole for hanging clothes, with storage space below and a room-length shelf above, in the middle room, plus an additional, nice-size closet with a storage shelf above in that same room.

The living room, middle room and large bedroom are railroad-style, but there is a door that can be closed between the living room and the middle room, and the living room pocket doors open out onto a hallway that leads into the apartment from the back. There are also heavy pocket doors between the middle room and the large bedroom, and the small bedroom and bathroom have their own doors. Original dark wood moldings can be found throughout the apartment.

The housemates are a warm, caring vegan couple with a small Havanese dog, and they often go away for several days at a time. Sharing the kitchen has been a friendly, communal experience, and we’ve ended up as friends, not just housemates. A second refrigerator was designated for our use, as were a number of shelves in the pantry and a spice rack/shelf in the kitchen. We’ve shared use of their dishwasher, dishes, pots, etc.

The upstairs neighbors and the block are very quiet. The house is a block and a half from the Bay Ridge Avenue stop on the R train (Fourth Avenue), a block away from a large Laundromat (one block away), and a couple of blocks from Key Food, restaurants, dry cleaners, a post office, and more. The rent has been very low for the amount of space and the size of the rooms, though I’m not sure what the new rent will be. The house is nonsmoking and shoe-free. Vegans preferred.

Please forward this to anyone who might be interested—we’d love to help them find new housemates ASAP! For more details, to schedule a time to see the apartment, or to be put in touch with our housemates, please email me.

Thanks so much!
Roseann
A former member
Post #: 171
The rent will likely be around $1400 or $1425.

[
Private floor of brownstone, one flight up, available to rent at the end of May.

After almost a year and a half, my husband and I are moving to be closer to my dad, so our floor of a Bay Ridge brownstone will be available in a few weeks.

Our middle floor is private, with two bedrooms (one large and one small), a nice-size middle room, and a very large living room, plus a nice-size bathroom with tub and all new fixtures and tiles. The large shared large kitchen and pantry are downstairs, in our housemates’ space. You would go downstairs to use the kitchen; they don’t share any of the second floor space.

The living room faces the street and has a big, beautiful bay window, a large, built-in mirror, and two pockets doors that open onto the front hallway. The two bedrooms face the planted backyard and get great light. There is a large closet with a pole for hanging clothes in the small bedroom, with storage shelves above and below, an additional high storage shelf, and small shelves on the wall. There is a room-length pole for hanging clothes, with storage space below and a room-length shelf above, in the middle room, plus an additional, nice-size closet with a storage shelf above in that same room.

The living room, middle room and large bedroom are railroad-style, but there is a door that can be closed between the living room and the middle room, and the living room pocket doors open out onto a hallway that leads into the apartment from the back. There are also heavy pocket doors between the middle room and the large bedroom, and the small bedroom and bathroom have their own doors. Original dark wood moldings can be found throughout the apartment.

The housemates are a warm, caring vegan couple with a small Havanese dog, and they often go away for several days at a time. Sharing the kitchen has been a friendly, communal experience, and we’ve ended up as friends, not just housemates. A second refrigerator was designated for our use, as were a number of shelves in the pantry and a spice rack/shelf in the kitchen. We’ve shared use of their dishwasher, dishes, pots, etc.

The upstairs neighbors and the block are very quiet. The house is a block and a half from the Bay Ridge Avenue stop on the R train (Fourth Avenue), a block away from a large Laundromat (one block away), and a couple of blocks from Key Food, restaurants, dry cleaners, a post office, and more. The rent has been very low for the amount of space and the size of the rooms, though I’m not sure what the new rent will be. The house is nonsmoking and shoe-free. Vegans preferred.

Please forward this to anyone who might be interested—we’d love to help them find new housemates ASAP! For more details, to schedule a time to see the apartment, or to be put in touch with our housemates, please email me.

Thanks so much!
Roseann

A former member
Post #: 174
The new rent will be $1,395.
A former member
Post #: 178
Hi all,

Just to clarify, the floor that's available in the brownstone will be unfurnished, the rent will be $1,395, and use of a washer/dryer is included. An alternate description and photos from before we moved in can be found at this link:

www.nyhabitat.com/new-york-apartment/r­oommate-share/14737

Thanks for forwarding to anyone who might be interested! Full blurb below.

Still looking for housemates for our unfurnished, second-floor brownstone for around June 1. Rent will be $1,395 and includes use of washer/dryer. Link to photos and another description below. Please pass on to anyone who might be interested. Thanks!

-------------------------

Unfurnished private floor of brownstone, one flight up, available to rent at the end of May. Shared kitchen on floor below.

Our middle floor is private, with two bedrooms (one large and one small), a nice-size middle room, and a very large living room, plus a nice-size bathroom with tub and all new fixtures and tiles. The large shared kitchen and pantry are downstairs, in our housemates’ space. You would go downstairs to use the kitchen; they don’t share any of the second-floor space.

The living room faces the street and has a big, beautiful bay window, a large, built-in mirror, two pockets doors that open onto the front hallway, and a door onto the middle room. The two bedrooms face the planted backyard and get great light. There is a large closet with a pole for hanging clothes in the small bedroom, with storage shelves above and below, an additional high storage shelf, and small shelves on the wall. There is a room-length pole for hanging clothes, with storage space below and a room-length shelf above, in the middle room, plus an additional, nice-size closet with a storage shelf above in that same room.

The housemates are a warm, caring vegan couple with a small Havanese dog, and they often go away for several days at a time. Sharing the kitchen has been a friendly, communal experience, and we’ve ended up as friends, not just housemates. A second refrigerator was designated for our use, as were a number of shelves in the pantry and a spice rack/shelf in the kitchen. We’ve shared use of their dishwasher, dishes, pots, utensils, and washer/dryer.

My husband and I arranged and furnished the rooms very differently, but this link shows the apartment as Sheri & David had it furnished before we moved in:

www.nyhabitat.com/new-york-apartment/r­oommate-share/14737

Either way, it's a beautiful place!

The upstairs neighbors and the block are very quiet. The house is a block and a half from the Bay Ridge Avenue stop on the R train (Fourth Avenue), a block away from a large Laundromat, and a couple of blocks from Key Food, restaurants, dry cleaners, a pet store, post office, and more. The house is nonsmoking and shoe-free. The rent will be $1,395 per month. Vegetarians/vegans preferred.

Thanks so much!
Roseann