The New York City Brunch Group is for people who like to dine in NYC restaurants during the day on weekends. Most of our events are brunches but sometimes we do lunches and dinners.
We dine at full-service restaurants that require reservations. So, there will always be a limited number of people who can attend each event. We don't have "mass outings" with hundreds of people. Brunch is very popular in New York and it is difficult to get large reservations at good restaurants.
Members are encouraged to set up their own events by making reservations at restaurants and committing to host. Click on one of the organizer's names to request an event be posted in your name.
- Events are small (between 6 and 12) people
- RSVP's are on a first come, first served basis
- The organizer or assistant organizer hosting the event decides if there is a waiting list.
- One guest per person is allowed
- Only sign up for one event per day so more people can participate
- Bring cash, NO CREDIT CARDS
- Pay for what you eat and drink
- Pay tax and tip 28.75% (20% tip + 8.75 % tax)
- Prepaid events must be paid in full or deposited in full before rsvp-ing "yes"
-Be on time.
-Keep your word and show up when you say you're coming.
-You are responsible for a no-show if your guest doesn't attend.
-Call the restaurant if you are running late or can't change your rsvp on the site.
If your name appears on the event page as a "yes" after the event and you have not attended the event, it is counted as a no-show.
1st No-Show - New members who miss the first brunch that they RSVP'ed "yes" for are removed from the club.
Reoccurring No-Shows All members who have two no-shows in a 6 month period will be removed.
Emergencies won't be counted as no-shows.
Members who change their RSVP's less than 24 hours before the event may be considered no-shows if they show a pattern of canceling at the eleventh hour which doesn't allow time for other members to see that there is an opening.
Other General Statements on Courteousness
The organizer reserves the right to remove members who are being rude, disruptive, or bothering other members.
Do not use the message board (or your profile) to:
- Promote businesses
- Post phone numbers/addresses to solicit dates (We are not a singles club)
- "Flame" other members
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book in your email program so you can receive messages
If you have been removed because of "inactive status" you may rejoin the club at any time.