|Sent on:||Monday, March 11, 2013 10:50 AM|
The Academy for Software Engineering (AFSE), the first high school in NYC focused on computer science education is looking to give each of their students a mentor. They are partnering with iMentor, a technology based high school mentoring program focused on college success, to find great people with interest/experience in computer programming. The program is very flexible, which makes it possible for even the busiest professionals to participate year after year.
Here’s the Commitment:
· Weekly email exchange with your mentee
· Monthly in-person event at the school – AFSE is located in Union Sq.
Here’s why you should sign up:
· Make an impact in the life of a young person – 90% of AFSE’s students are the first in their family to go to college.
· You are not alone. You mentor alongside over 100 of your peers, and there is iMentor staff support every step of the way.
· It’s fun! In addition to emailing/meeting with your mentee, you get to network with lots of great professionals in your field. One of the current mentors is Vanessa Hurst, who is featured alongside Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates in a viral video about the importance of coding (10 million hits and counting).
If you are interested Apply Today, and please email me with any questions – [address removed].