NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › NYU Cancels Vegan Night!

NYU Cancels Vegan Night!

Grace
nobodyelsehasthis
New York, NY
Post #: 28
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
http://www.supervegan...­
NYU Cancels Vegan Night!
by Laura Leslie
November 20, 2007 7:04pm
Filed under:

* Education & Schools
* Food
* New York City
* Stupid

northwestern

Northwestern kicks NYU's ass.
NYU has canceled its monthly vegan night at Hayden Dining Hall. They'll still offer some monthly vegan options alongside their regular dining hall food; apparently they missed the part where those of us disgusted by animal cruelty tend to lose our appetites in the presence of animal corpses. Not to mention that the only reason we flocked to eat their crappy dining hall food was the novelty of being able to eat everything.

NYU's got some kind of stupid excuse about "accomodating everyone," as if it's a burden for the poor omnivores to be served food that is better for their health, animals, and the environment for one night a month in one of many dining halls. According to NYU animal rights club SEAL, you can tell NYU how dumb this is, and ask them to bring back vegan night, by calling 212-995-3030 or emailing dining.services@nyu.edu .
A former member
Post #: 39
Hi Grace, it's SO right to call those NYU vegan dinners "crappy"...I was always embarrassed and disappointed to bring non veggie people and afraid they would think all vegan food was like that!!! BUT, one could always have those meat analogs and leisurely sit and chat with vegan and wannabe friends.

Have they canceled as of NOW, or will they at least carry us through the December dinner?

How about some of us founding a Vegan Restaurant Cooperative??? Where the food was REALLY Vegan, nutritious and delicious AND affordable?

How about it, Demetrius??? :o) Adela

P.S. Please someone tell me whether a non-member of this group can view this particular page if I refer them to it by this page's link? Thanks.
A former member
Post #: 40
Hi again, when I read Grace's report I put in a call to the NYU Chef, Claudia, and while waiting for her return call I wrote my thoughts above but didn't want to send them until after I heard from the Chef...but I accidentally clicked on "Submit".

I just heard from her and she wanted to know who said that the NYU canceled the Vegan Nights because they aren't canceled at all!

The next one will be on December 20, 2007 and all subsequent ones on the third Thursday of each month through April 2008 except January, just as stated on my announcements. :o) Adela