NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › Carrot Tipping RoundUP (featuring our buying club, deals & Prom)

Carrot Tipping RoundUP (featuring our buying club, deals & Prom)

Demetrius
aqknight
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hello to you and this carrot-tipping Spring!

Kathy Freston, author of Veganist, does Ellen. Then she’s on Martha Stewart along with Twitter co-founder Biz Stone (who's vegan). And then, it’s the inaugural NYC Vegetarian Food Fair from our own Sarah Gross (also of Rescue Chocolate fame) - KUDOS to her and ALL who helped plan, produce, present, and participate in this HUGE event!!!! Plenty of blog and TV news coverage can be found on their Facebok page. Appreciate hearing what worked well and great here on their Yelp event page.

My followup question to you, and the community at large is what events can we enjoy (and create, if need be) in the interim year? :-) I encourage responses on EatUP’s public message board or simply suggest your event ideas in the white box on the front page!

If you are attending Veggie Prom, please please buy your tickets now! Find yourself on the dance floor doin' the electric slide, not dancin’ in the street (fun as that may be)! Actually, let's dance in the street on Sunday for Veggie Pride Pride Parade NYC IV.

We need a couple more people to sign up AND pay for our first vegan buying club offer. The first set of products will be Soy Curls™, Ste Martaen cheese from Chicago & vegan caramels from the Left Coast.

Where can I find/buy Daiya pepperjack? Didn’t see it at Whole Foods Union Square Friday night - bummed. I did see, and run from, a great many sales on Amy’s, Gardein, and So Delicious products ending Tuesday April 12th.

From Twitter: Stock up on WayFare Food! Buy two, get one free instant rebates are on containers across the country!

Got excited by the Voice’s NYC Tofu Guide: A Springy Food for Spring in last week’s issue
Also, Zen Palate Uptown offers the grand opening special of a free soup (wonton, miso or hot & sour) with entree purchase. This was on page 23 of the March 30th Village Voice.

APRIL CONTEST: On the public message board, reply to this message sharing the best fantasy five course Easter/Passover menu you can muster. PRIZE: One $20 at Cocoa V credits PLUS a $32 credit at V-Note (for dues payers and Lifetime $UPporters).

All EatUP members can participate in our contests. Paid dues for the calendar year remaining will be the default prize when the winner isn’t a $UPporter, regular or Lifetime. Otherwise, the prize will be as advertised.

Continued appreciation to our $UPporters (aka dues payers). Join them here or become another one of our awesome Lifetime $UPporters.

DEALS

COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper

** Please vote on the latest event ideas from your fellow members. Two votes make them official EatUPs! **

This week
Sat Apr 8 7 pm Dinner at 3 Brothers Pizzeria
Thu Apr 14 6:30 pm take a first look at Sookk

Next week
Sun Apr 17 2 pm Vegan Thai @ Talay Thai
Sat Apr 23 1 pm Brooklyn Vegan Potluck Picnic for the Planet

Beyond
Mon Apr 25 6 pm Italian dinner at John's on 12th St.
Wed Apr 27 11am-4pm Vegucated and Our Hen House vegan bake sale at Brooklyn Law School

Thu Apr 28 7 pm Vegan Drinks

Thu May 5 7 pm Cinco de Mayo dinner celebration
Sat May 7 Noon NYC Vegan EatUP Lunch Bunch
Fri May 13 9 pm Veggie Prom
Sat May 14 PM ** in the works ** big picnic for all area veg*n meetups
Sun May 15 10 am Pre-Parade Breakfast at Sacred Chow
Sun May 15 Noon Veggie Pride Parade NYC 2011

EATUP MESSAGE BOARD's new posts
­Did you enjoy all of the great food at the NYC Veg Food Fest and want to know where you can get more?
Catskill Animal Sanctuary Seeks Vegan Culinary Instructor

Best for the rest of your Spring.

Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around NYC metro. Our history spans eight years, some 360 events and nearly 1,500 members. EatUP is one of Meetup.com's Biggest 100 groups.

Please say hi to me in-person at Veggie Prom 2011 Friday May 13th or Veggie Pride Parade Sunday May 15th :-)

p.s. I heard Cinnamon Snail wants to have a spot in Brooklyn, and that NYCVFF is already planning its next event - stay tuned!