addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › Yea May RoundUP (featuring Cinco de Mayo, Wildflower & Cinnamon Snail NYC)

Yea May RoundUP (featuring Cinco de Mayo, Wildflower & Cinnamon Snail NYC)

Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hey hey.

Now we’re barely two weeks away until Veggie Prom (and I don't have anything to wear. Ack!). Followed the next day by a big veg*n meetups picnic in Central Park, wrapping this big veg weekend up marching in the Veggie Pride Parade. Get your fancy duds, secret thriller recipes, and walking shoes ready to rumba.

Enjoyed the marvelous summer-y preview Tuesday afternoon at Lan Cafe, Lula's (great chatting with Blythe & Brad live!), Sustainable NYC (another wonderful chat with Olivia), and poppin’ my cherry at Cowgirl’s.
Will go back for the highly recommended funnel cake, and the curious popcorn chicken option; the strawberry tart was nice as I’d been told. Happy with the chocolate chip cookies, PBJ bar and I had - and spending no cash thanks to that Living Social deal.

Appreciate an easy favor from you all. For any particular event, activity, fundraiser, etc. you’d like to be on EatUP’s calendar, please suggest it on EatUP’s home page. There is a white box where Let’s appears near the top. This new Meetup feature helps you, me and the group work better together to have the events W E want on the calendar. I also request we each vote (and RSVP) for all events; these YESes and NOs help us craft & evolve our events!

Ayinde – the Mac & Yease guy of Williamsburg Winter Waffles AND NYC Vegetarian Food Festival fame - needs the community's support to occupy the former Broadway East space for a week bringinng us NYC’s first vegan pop-up, and more Mac & Yease! Please donate to Ayinde’s Wildflower Kickstarter.

Speaking of waffles, I learned last night that Pine Box Rock Shop now offer a weekly waffle brunch.

I also got the scoop from Yelp (wtf?!) that Cinnamon Snail will be at the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market Second Sundays every month, starting next week May 8th.

MAY CONTEST: Best Parade Slogan win one AMC movie pass plus a Zen Palate $25 dining credit. Two winners will be picked. Entries must be posted by Saturday 5/14 6 pm by replying to this RoundUP on the EatUP message board.

All EatUP members can participate in our contests. Paid dues for the calendar year remaining will be the default prize when the winner isn’t a $UPporter, regular or Lifetime. Otherwise, the prize will be as advertised.

I really do appreciate our $UPporters, also known as dues payers. You can join them here or here by becoming a Lifetime $UPporters.

Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper

•• Please vote on your fellow members' event ideas. Two votes make them official, so they’ll appear on the following RoundUP(s). ••

This week
Wed May 4 7:30 pm FREE advance screening of Forks Over Knives
Thu May 5 7 pm Cinco de Mayo dinner celebration at V-Spot
Sat May 7 Noon May Lunch Bunch crawls to Cinnamon Snail with Hoboken Veg*n Meetup

Next week
Sun May 8 1 pm Forks Over Knives Screening at Sunshine Cinema
Fri May 13 9 pm Veggie Prom
Sat May 14 11 am–6 pm Veggie Pride Parade Leafletting on Union Square
Sat May 14 1 pm Compassionate Picnic for all area veg*n meetups & friends
Sun May 15 10 am Pre-Parade Breakfast at Sacred Chow
Sun May 15 Noon Veggie Pride Parade NYC 2011

Fri May 20 6:30 pm Let's Have Dinner at Horizons before it closes this summer
Sun May 29 1 pm Weekend bike ride to hit a bunch of vegan places in Brooklyn/Manhattan

Event In the Making: Bike ride though Brooklyn and Manhattan, with stops at a bunch of vegan places?

Happy May Day.

Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around NYC metro. Our history spans eight years, some 360 events and nearly 1,500 members. EatUP is one of's Biggest 100 groups.

Please say hi to me in-person at Veggie Prom 2011 May 13th, the big local area veg*n meetups picnic May 14th and Veggie Pride Parade May 15th :-)