align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › Seitan recipe from Potluck Picnic on Saturday

Seitan recipe from Potluck Picnic on Saturday

A former member
Post #: 1
As promised, here is my no measurements recipe for the Spanish style seitan I brought to the potluck picnic on Saturday.

You can use store bought seitan, I use this recipe from Viva Vegan to make it from scratch. http://www.food.com/r...­

Marinade:
Recaito
Sazon
Adobo
Cumin
Fresh Ground Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Cut the seitan either into strips or cubes and add to a bowl
Mix in all marinade ingredients
Let marinade for a day or two (you can skip this step if you want or are just hungry)

Heat up a lightly oil a pan, add the marinated seitan, brown all sides (or as many as you can if cubed).

Eat warm or cold.

Enjoy

Note: The Recaito, Sazon and Adobo can be found in the latin/spanish aisle of most any supermarkets usually in the Goya section.