NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › (?Return of the) RoundUP

(?Return of the) RoundUP

Demetrius
aqknight
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hullo herbivores.

Wanted to say Happy Spring to you all, share some random tidbits, and nudge a particular item while taking a break from movie work.

Worked the Vegucated table at the first annual CT Veg Fest this past weekend. IT was a great opportunity to nudge the veg needle more to the green side as Hartford is decidedly omnivore, if noticing the coming veg*n tipping point – woohoo!

Super excited to let you all know that Cinnamon Snail vegan lunch truck (my 2nd favorite vegan eatery in the area) serves Manhattan (and sometimes Brooklyn) now. Watch their Facebook page to learn more about their schedule.

Daiya introduced wedges to stores earlier this Spring. One flavor is jalapeno garlic havarti; it is truly spicy hot and wonderful! – and yes, the texture is different, more even, than the shreds.

Veggie Prom is coming up and need you to come shake your tailfeather while nibbling on great treats the whole night through.

V-Spot is back open with a new menu and layout. Check ‘em out and take me with you!

Tasted and enjoyed a most unusual drink at Natural Product Expo West by Mamma Chia. I’m told it’s like kombucha lite with a bunch of chia seeds in it. Uncertain about that; reminds me of a much less sweet cousin of bubble tea. The cherry lime is my favorite of their seven flavors.

Another local new treat is home delivery ($2 per order!) of fresh, and custom flavored, seitan from Monk’s Meats. Their seitan bulgogi was wonderFULL. Eagerly awaiting its return in their rotation!

By now, I trust you’ve heard Candle Cafe opened a 3rd spot on the UWS (90th & Broadway). Blossom keeps on well blossoming with a new location in the West Village on Carmine. And I’m told Terri will multiple in the VERY near future too. Go vegan businesses GO!

Wanna volunteer for Veggie Pride Parade 2012 distributing promo postcards and much more? Check out their needs and get in touch with them.

*** A few of us are looking for new renters/roommate who are veg*n(-friendly) and very much appreciate your help. Each situation is noted on EatUP’s message board, and noted below. ***

And for you deep-pocketed vegans (thanks for this fun phrase Doug!), please know Vegan Bodega appreciates a few more investors. Meanwhile, I'm hearing about some other ideas and business plans makin' ready to come to market, so let’s be in touch about what/where you big folk are looking to share $upport.

Oh, also I’m wondering where the best vegan mac & cheese in NYC can be found?

COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper

This week
Wed May 2 6:30 pm Dinner at Kaya's Kitchen
Fri May 4 7 pm Celebrate SI New Vegan Chefs!
Sat May 5 Noon Potluck picnic at Belmont Lake State Park
Sat May 5 Noon NYC Vegan EatUP Lunch Bunch
Sat May 5 7 pm VH Brainstorming Dinner

Next week
Sun May 6 6 pm Dinner at The Curry Club
Wed May 9 8 pm Drinks at the ReVision Lounge
Sat May 12 6 pm Let's see if Erica and Jean Paul can make 25 hungry Vegans happy again!

Beyond
Sun May 13 12:30 pm Vegucated Screening with filmmaker Marisa Miller Wolfson
Mon May 14 7 pm Making Links: Sausages, Speciesism, & Hum-an-imal Liberation
Tue May 15 7 pm Amazing New Book "Main Street Vegan" - NYC Premiere Book Signing & Talk with Author
Sat May 19 8 pm Vegan Cuisine, A Simple Art: Ten Course Tasting Menu... – very cool overnight roadtrip idea

Sun May 20 10:30 am 2012 Buddha's Light "Three Acts of Goodness" Festival
Sun May 20 12:30 pm "Let the Doughnut Do the Talking: Food as Activism"

Sun May 27 Noon Veggie Pride Parade 2012
Thu May 31 7 pm Vegan Drinks

Sat Jun 16 Noon The Seed: A Vegan Experience

EATUP MESSAGE BOARD's new posts
VEGAN EVENTS in New York and New Jersey
Brooklyn Brownstone Available to Share at End of May
Rental Apartment for Vegan/Vegetarian Only!
New roommate sought (May 2012 move in)

Stay healthy and wise!
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around the NYC metro.
Our history spans ten years, 400 events and sports nearly 1,600 members.