NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › Supporting VEGGIE PRIDE PARADE NYC 2012
WHAT TO DO BEFORE PARADE DAY
* Publicize parade to your social network (Facebook, Twitter, Meetup, Yahoo, Google, etc., etc.)
* Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.c...
* Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.c...
* Twitter page: https://twitter.com/#... * @VeggiePrideNYC
* Go to: http://www.veggieprid... to find plain text to email everywhere; everyone can do this
* Post parade info to media sites (call 212-966-2060 and we'll show you how to do this in one short lesson)
* Engage in outreach to the local vegan community. Collect menus for expo menu table; post poster; inform vegan businesses of parade
* Network with the Meetup groups. Go to vegan Meetup events and work the crowd
* Stuff bags full of donated pro-vegan literature. Call 212-966-2060 to arrange to do this
* Distribute promo post cards (call 212-966-2060 to pick up post cards in Union Sq. area)
* Engage and nurture potential funding sources
WHAT TO DO ON PARADE DAY
In the morning 9:30 a.m. at Union Square Park area
* Help carting boxes from our office on Union Square West to expo site (north end of Union Square Park)
* Label exhibit tables in morning prior to parade; lay down kraft-paper on tables
* Be a personal assistant to organizer Pamela Rice
At line-up and during parade (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
* Manage the sign boards: pass them out, make sure we get them back.
* Pass out flyers and programs.
* Assist photographers on the ladder we'll have.
* Megaphone management: pass them out at parade line-up, and make sure you get them all back later.
* Leaflet during the parade.
* Manage the leafleters.
* Twitter during parade to official parade Twitter site.
AT POST-PARADE EXPO IN PARK
After parade as the expo begins (in the north end of Union Square Park at about 1 p.m.)
* Banner management. Banners need to be properly hoisted on stages, then properly cared for and accounted for after parade
* Man a Flip (video camera) with tripod; we'll have three pointed at stages and exhibitor tables
* Menu table management & oversight; keep menus neat and tidy throughout the day at the post parade rally & expo
* Assist sound technician throughout the day
* Oversee exhibitor tables: make sure exhibitors are abiding by all Parks Dept. rules and guidelines
* Distribute food (food donations) to hungry crowds at post-parade expo
* Pass out flyers and programs during the post-parade expo
FOR ALL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PARADE, VISIT OUR WEB PAGE