NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › Forward gROoVing

Forward gROoVing

Demetrius
aqknight
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hel-lo Herbivores :)

Much appreciation to our January Lunch Bunch's dozen attendees. Was great to visit with all of you, and meet some new members! Five of us kept it going over to Vegan Divas and then City Swiggers; wonderful afternoon with new faces and places!

Can tell you I went vegan 19 years ago this month. Seeing ALL these vegan cheeses are hitting the market (while tasting good and reasonable to our wallets) makes me excited to see awareness of vegan go even further this year.

You may want to know about the new cookbook title Artisan Vegan Cheese that's all abuzz about vegan foodies. And also check out the very recent VegNews cheese issue for recipes, interviews, and the like. Also want to note to you all various vegan cheeses are on sale this month of January at LifeThyme (West Village near Gobo) and Westerly (54th & 8th), this is my favorite local grocery FWIW.

Please know about How To Live to 100, a vegan cooking show, is on The Cooking Channel once more. The 3rd episode is airing this Saturday January 19 3 pm.

Huge thanks to Plant-Based Solutions for inviting ALL of us to their terrific and tasty launch party last Saturday!! Cheers to PBS' work and team. (They're hiring a sales and marketing intern btw.)

Upcoming veg*n events (beyond our area veg*n meetups)

Please follow the links to learn more and RSVP

Dinner with Sea Shepherd at Blossom Chelsea

Betty Goes Vegan Launch Party at Moo Shoes

The Vegan Bake-Off Dessert Competition

Betty Goes Vegan cooking demo, discussion and book signing

Whalentine's Day Bake Sale

3rd Annual NYC Veg*n Food Festival

6th Annual Veggie Pride Parade NYC

For those wanting more EatUP events proper, please consider becoming an event host. Or urging someone to become one ;-)

For those wanting to see vegan community events on our schedule, please post those events! We've set it up so YOU can do that at will.

And yes my dayjob with Vegucated­ continues. It's going very very well! Thousands of people are watching it on NetFlix Instant USA and Canada DAILY. Crazypants cool :) And lots of them write us about choosing to reduce or eliminate animal products in their diets. Amazing!!

OK. Eat well, stay great.

Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes connecting for community and compassionate cuisine around the New York City metro and beyond. Our history spans 10 years, some 450+ events and sports over 1,700 members.