addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › DEAL: NYC Veg Food Fest VIP & Sacred Chow; what a weekend

DEAL: NYC Veg Food Fest VIP & Sacred Chow; what a weekend

Demetrius
aqknight
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hi herbivores

Thanks so much to all of you who came out Saturday for a scrumptious breakfast, two sets of Oscar nominated shorts and/or a most delicious dinner. Was a great day. Still feeling great from all of it!

FWIW, I'm partial to the live action shorts set over the animated this year – a first for me. My picks are Death of A Shadow for live action and Head Over Heels for animated.

A few of you told me Blossom on Carmine has a way better dinner than brunch menu. It's sooooo true. Eager to go back again and wish for another deal to appear ASAP :) The dessert menu is available all day; be sure to leave room and check it out. Like the original Blossom, this is a great date space.

Sunday's Bake-Off was fun, tasty, great and actually relaxed. Going into it, I wondered if the crowd or sweets would overwhelm me more. The 20 sweets won by far. A few of them could go on sale immediately, a good many were OK, and the rest needed work. My pics here. Kudos to Sarah & Sarah for making this event happen and member Marisa for her Audience and Judge wins. When tickets go on sale next time, buy yours immediately. Just like our beloved, and missed, Veggie Conquest tickets will go faster and faster each time. And can easily be resold if need be - people were turned away at the door Sunday, with one middle-aged lady stomping off like a kindergartener.

Vegucated's doing fine and continues to keep me busy – thank you all for asking. It's on NetFlix Instant (USA and Canada) where thousands are watching daily! Appreciate each of you nudging your peeps to watch it as, say a Valentine's gift, kickoff for Lent or in advance of Spring cleaning ;-)

DEALS

VIP Tickets or Weekend Pass to the NYC Vegetarian Food Festival

BUY RIGHT NOW if you want them. These be gone in two New York minutes!!

LAST DAY for Sacred Chow's $40 to Spend on Kosher and Vegetarian Fare

You can buy up to 3 as gifts. Perhaps to sway someone to eat more (delicious) vegan food.

OK, that's plenty of chatty catchup from me today.

Enjoy healthy hours and pleasurable plates!

Demetrius