NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › RoundUP Number Nine featuring MEATONOMICS, September Shop Up & Speciesism

RoundUP Number Nine featuring MEATONOMICS, September Shop Up & Speciesism

Demetrius
aqknight
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Howdy herbies.

So grateful to visit with and meet a good few of you, while seeing other familiar faces Monday evening. Moo Shoes hosted a big crowd that heard live excerpts from Dave Simon's MEATONOMICS. This book covers the many ways we as a society need to reconsider the expenses of animal-based foods. In part, because the bottom line spends billions and billions of taxpayers' dollars on murder and malnourishment. A long-time vegan activist and lawman by day, Dave's touring the East Coast now – visiting Baltimore tonight, Philly Thursday and Boston Sunday. (Cali dates throughout the Autumn.) Appreciate your letting others know about his appearances and this book in general, especially vocal activist and economically-focused omnivores ;-)

So Vegucated world premiered two years ago yesterday in Toronto! What a journey it's been – and continues to be!!! As Marisa's home with her little guy, I have to take one for the team and introduce the movie at VegFest UK London, then French premiere it at Vegan Paris Days. (Yes, France is slowly discovering vegan! This is the 3rd PVD.)

I'm hearing good reports on new veg spots The Butcher's Daughter, and still mixed reports on La Verte Table. (If you have a chance to check out one of Jay Astafa's pop-up events, DO IT! You can enjoy great original food while supporting upcoming local talent + small business!) Peacefood Downtown continues to delight and dazzle me - and no, not just with their dessert cases (laughter). Get thee to Neo-Lula's? It's reformulated and better than ever.

As my schedule continues to include a lot of traveling, would very much like to receive more guest hosts for lunch bunches, dinners and otherwise. You can do it once, you can do it multiple times, it's all up to you. Please be in touch if this sounds like something you'll take on.

Many THANKS to all of you who've asked about my roommate situation over the last few seasons. Happy to report I've had the same roommate for 13 months now. Alas, this one stayed a year longer than originally planned and exits before Halloween. So my search for his successor begins here and now. Details about the room are public here.

I hope a GOOD number of you will check out the fun magic hat is a Vegan Shop Up this Saturday September 14 Noon to 6. This is yet another enviable local vegan scene thing NYC has that is barely anywhere else on the planet – please enjoy it! Take friends – omnivorous, visiting, veg-curious, veg-sheltered, future biz owner, whatever – and some cash. Special thanks to Shop Up Sarah, Pine Box Rock Shop and everyone else involved in making this super great event happen!

Speaking of great events AND world premieres, ­a new pro-vegan movie, Speciesism, kicks off its public journey next Wednesday September 18 here in NYC. Please help this very special event sell OUT its seats by buying tickets and spreading the word to others TODAY.

Finally, please note Catskill Animal Sanctuary’s 12th Annual Shindig – A Festival of Vegan Living! is Saturday October 5[/url].

Wishing peace to ALL beings.
Demetrius

NYC­ Vegan EatUP promotes connecting for community and compassionate cuisine around the New York City metro and beyond. Our history spans 11 years, 500+ events and over 1,900 members.