NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › Valued RoundUP (Shop-Up is Saturday, Bunna brings it, YES on Young's NYC)

Valued RoundUP (Shop-Up is Saturday, Bunna brings it, YES on Young's NYC)

Demetrius
aqknight
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hey hey.

Thanks for your comments, compliments and calls! I so appreciate them. They are definitely fuel to Keep Going in those stickier and other such moments.

Pretty much recovered from NYC Veg*n Food Fest 2014 here. So grateful to see So Many People from near and far, recent and long ago. Wowza! KUDOS to Sarah, Nira and ALL those who made the festival come together so wonderfully this year.

Special shoutout to Brooklyn Rose Vegan Bakery on their wonderful debut at the Fest. Am still swooning over That Scone. And know BRVB's fudge could take this town by storm this Spring. (Yes, Spring IS coming - enjoy these final days o' Winter.)

Want to also say thank you to Young's NYC for their pop-up last week. Was amazed, teased, pleased and So Happy to see and taste a chef+team in NYC serving up such creative and tasty vegetable-focused vegan plates. Even more encouraged about what NYC's Vegan 2014 will be now. Don't do what our resident desserts diva did, and WAIT to buy tickets though. Soon as you see them on sale – get yours!

You can check out BRVB's camomile lavender iced scones, mocha PB fudge and PLENTY MORE at this month’s Vegan Shop-Up - a great community event + marketplace for small vegan businesses hosted in NYC’s only all-vegan bar - TOMORROW Saturday March 15th Noon til 6 at Pine Box Rock Shop. Highly recommend each of you attend this event at least once.

If you enjoy Ethiopian food, please know Bunna Cafe - which is ALL vegan - opened a permanent space in Bushwick on Flushing Avenue. It's maybe a five minute walk to/from Pine Box Rock Shop.

Thanks to my vegan neighbors for last week's Italian feast EatUP. It was a great time with *plenty* of food :)

Please know Veggie Pride Parade NYC is early Spring this year. In fact, it's TWO WEEKS away on Sunday, March 30. Of course, spread the word and invite all your peeps through the Facebook event.

NYC is slated to finally have its own vegan beer fest this year – the Better Booze Festival! Let's hope it's in Spring. Whatever the case, stay tuned for details.

Excited to share the Veggie Prom team is getting their mock duck in a row for a late Spring event. The artwork, date, and venue are forthcoming.
Veganpotluckapalooza returns Saturday April 12. Start picking your recipes now and stay tuned for details late this month. (I'm co-hosting this FYI.)

Atlas Cafe has (temporarily?) closed again. Appreciate hearing if/when you can first-hand verify it has re-opened. Thanks to Molly for this information.

Not surprised, though still BUMMED to hear Zen Palate of 18th Street recently closed. Thanks for this info, David Greene.

It seems to me taco places are trending in NYC. Where's the all vegan one??!? Requesting a jackfruit option be on that menu.

OK, I’m off to make ready for Spring and the return of Vegan Mashup, Season 2 :)
Demetrius

p.s. Encourage everyone to keep their cool and remember sometimes it's better to count to 10 before saying/replying anything.