Apr 24 Panel “Swap, Don’t Shop:
Making Green in the Sharing Economy, Plus Reception
From Stephen Colbert’s Toasterster (http://bit.ly/HclZh2) to Peer-to-Peer banking, collaborative consumption is changing the way we think about ownership and opportunity. Join us in NYC as a new generation of entrepreneurs reveals how they capitalize on helping consumers share, sell, barter and swap their way to better lives in a world where access trumps ownership.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 6:00PM
REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW: http://bit.ly/H2lHDF
• Cameron Tonkinwise, Ph.D., Chair, Design Thinking and Sustainability, School of Design Strategies, Parsons
• Adam Black, Founder/CEO, KeyWifi.com (http://www.keywifi.com/)
• Jennifer Lee (CBS ’08), Founder, ClosetRaid.co (http://www.closetraid.co/)
• Odile Beniflah, Senior Product Manager, Carpooling.com (http://www.carpooling.com/)
• Ron J. Williams, CEO, SnapGoods.com (http://www.snapgoods.com/)
REGIFT SWAP. Bring a regift. Take a regift. What is gathering dust at home may be just what someone else needs! Bring an unwrapped new, or gently used, regift (value $25 or under) to swap with others during the networking event. Unclaimed gifts will be donated to Housing Works.
EXCLUSIVE RECEPTION EXTRAS
• Valuable ideas and advice from Green Entrepreneur and Career Coach, Stefan Doering
• Innovative shapers of the Sharing Economy: KeyWifi.com, Carpooling.com, Green Spaces and more
• Sustainable Local Food provided by biochef Ula Robertson and At Your Service Catering
Agenda, Tuesday, April 24, 2012
• 6:00 - 6:30pm Doors Open and Early Networking
• 6:30 - 8:00pm Program
• 8:00 - 9:30pm Reception and Networking
300 Madison Avenue, PwC Auditorium (SW Corner of 42nd Street)
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN series organized by the Sustainable Business Committee of the Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York (CBSACNY)
NON-MEMBERS AND WALK-INS WELCOME (photo ID at the door)
$25 for CBSACNY, $40 for non-members online registration rate; $60 at the door
For more information: http://www.cbsacny.org/ or [masked].