align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Metro NYC Environmental Meetup Message Board › Museum of City of New York - Superfund Panel - Discount

Museum of City of New York - Superfund Panel - Discount

Louis K
LouisK
New York, NY
Museum of City of N.Y.-Superfund Panel-Discount/FREE Read below

Feb 8Tue 6:30 PMDescriptionWe are bringing to your attention the following panel discussion at the Museum of City of New York.

It is Discounted to Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance and we hope that you will take advantage of this to attend.

It is posted in the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance/Meetup calendar as a note at this link:­http://www.meetup.com...

You may telephone Louis at the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance from 9:30AM to 4:45PM 212-935-9831 xt 104 to see how you can take advantage of this offer

Louis will only accept telephone calls, per above, for information. He will not/can not respond to e-mails.

I am repeating the posting below:

======================================­========

Museum of City of N.Y.-Superfund Panel-Discount to Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance members Read below

Feb 8 Tue 6:30 PM

I wanted to be sure you knew about a timely program (http://www.nytimes.co....­) on the Superfund designations at Gowanus Canal and Newtown Creek at the Museum of the City of New York that might be of interest to everyone at Shorewalkers. I'm including the detailed program description below.

We would like to extend our member's discount to your members and other constituents, and I hope you might be able to pass this invitation on to them.

We would also like to invite you and any interested staff and board to attend as our guests. Please let me know if you have any questions at all,

Best, -Tom Reynolds Thomas F. Reynolds Communications Manager

Museum of the City of New York

1220 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street

New York, NY 10029 T:

212-492-1672, ext. 3308

E: treynolds@mcny.org // W: www.mcny.org

Tuesday, February 8 at 6:30 PM

NYC Superfund: Toxic Solution or Toxic Label?

What will the recent Superfund designations of Newtown Creek in Queens and the Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn mean for community residents and the rest of the city? How will they affect the plans of real estate developers interested in revitalizing these post-industrial zones? What is the fate of the natural environments themselves?

Roderick M. Hills, Jr., the William T. Comfort III Professor of Law at New York University moderates a panel discussion including Alan Bell, principal and co-founder of Hudson Companies; Walter Mugdan, Superfund Division Director at the EPA; Kathleen Schmid, Director of the Newtown Creek Alliance, and Carter H. Strickland, Jr., Deputy Commissioner for Sustainability, New York City Department of Environmental Protection will discuss the perils and possibilities of cleaning up New York City 's environmental problems. Co-sponsored by the Newtown Creek Alliance and presented as part of the Museum's Urban Forum series, New York Neighborhoods Preservation and Development. Reservations required: 917-492-3395 or programs@mcny.org $6 Museum members; $12 non-members; $8 seniors and students $6 when you mention Shorewalkers LOCATION: Museum of the City of New York 1220 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street New York, NY 10029 www.mcny.org