The Metro NYC Environmental Meetup Message Board › Lead Engineer (MEP / Building Services) for Green Building Software Development
|A former member||
Hi There! I have an opening for a lead engineer who will be developing ways to predict the environmental performance of green buildings for a unique green tech startup in NYC. Their CTO has a track record of building successful companies and this company is already off to a great start. I’d love to connect with anyone who is intrigued by this opportunity: Lisa Wood lisa at stafftopia dot com OR 208 788 3064
Lead Engineer (MEP / Building Services) for Green Building Software Development
Your first role will be to develop a set of light and elegant methods for predicting the environmental performance of green buildings. On a day to day basis, you will be developing innovative ways to model thermodynamics, indoor air quality, lighting requirements and the impact of renewable energy sources, and doing all of this based on models that have a minimum of data. Working closely with our world class team of software engineers, you will design the approaches and equations, before the software developers turn them into the next releases of our software. This position is an excellent opportunity to join a young software business with a big mission, exciting uses of technology and plenty of growth ahead.
This full-time position is based in New York City.
Range: TBD. We are still on start-up budgets. Whilst we can’t blow the bank on high base salaries, we will offer you a fair and performance based package which include benefits like health insurance and IRA contributions. On top of this your package will also include stock options to make sure you participate in the upside of the results we create.
• Very deep knowledge of engineering physics
• The ability to derive equations for thermodynamics and computational fluid dynamics, and identify ways to apply these using a reduced set of input data
• Passion for green buildings and for reducing the energy and water used by buildings
• Practical experience modeling complex water and energy needs of buildings (4+ years)
• Ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and tactful manner
• Ambition to be part of and help build a world class software business
• MSc in Engineering or related technical field (PhD a plus)
• Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE Exam)
• 7+ years of professional experience
Nice to Haves:
• LEED AP
• Prior experience with software development – for example development of building energy simulation software (e.g. IES, Bentley or Autodesk)
• Complete end-to-end experience developing green strategies for green buildings, including both Passive and Active strategies