The Metro NYC Environmental Meetup Message Board › Don’t Miss Catskill Animal Sanctuary’s Farm Chores Volunteer Day: Saturday,
New York, NY
Don’t Miss Catskill Animal Sanctuary’s Farm Chores Volunteer Day: Saturday, April 10, 10-4.30pm!
Catskill Animal Sanctuary is a 100-acre haven for horses and farm animals rescued from cruelty and neglect, and an education center on their sentience and suffering, and the impacts of factory farming. Join us for a big spring cleaning: painting, landscaping, assembling the greenhouse, preparing the garden, and more! Our new vegan chef will prepare lunch, and you'll meet the animals with Director Kathy Stevens!
Please RSVP right away to Michelle Alvarez, CAS Director of Outreach & Communications, at this Meet Up group.
Please note the following logistics/details:
• Please be on time for a short welcome and orientation.
• We are 2 hours north of NYC; directions are on our website at www.CASanctuary.org.
• If you don’t have a car, Adirondack Trailways Buses go from NYC's Port Authority to Kingston, NY for approx $48/pp roundtrip. Amtrak trains go from NYC Penn Station to Rhinecliff NY for approx $60/pp roundtrip. CAS is a short cab ride (approx $15) from both stations.
• Wear work clothes and muck/work/hiking boots.
• If the forecast is poor, rain date is Sat., April 17.
Thanks! Hope to see you there!