The Metro NYC Environmental Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: New York & The Electric Car-A Panel Discussion
New York, NY
New Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
When: Friday, April 23, 2010 9:45 AM
116th St. and Broadway Davis Auditorium in the Schapiro Center
New York, NY 10027
New York & The Electric Car-A Panel Discussion
April 23, 2010 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm EDT
Davis Auditorium, Room 412 inside the
Schapiro Center for Engineering and Physical Science
In anticipation of the wider availability of electric cars, Columbia's Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science will host a panel discussion about the Northeast region's readiness for plug-in vehicles. Panelists include:
* John Gilbert, executive vice president of Rudin Management
* Jeffrey Sachs, director of Columbia's Earth Institute
* Roger Anderson, Doherty Senior Scholar in the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory and adjunct
professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences
* Tony Posawatz, line director for General Motors's Chevy Volt electric car
* Arthur Kressner, director of Research and Development, Power Supply at Con Edison
* Lawrence Burns, Earth Institute director of Sustainable Mobility
The panel will be moderated by Kathleen Deveny of Newsweek magazine.
GM's Chevy Volt, which will be available starting in the fall of 2010, will be on display on the Engineering School's plaza near the entrance to the Mudd building.
Open to the public; seating is on a first-come basis.
Take the 1 train to 116th St. Columbia University
Exit the turnstiles and walk up the staircase on the right.
Walk through the gates at 116th St and Broadway
Walk up the step on the main campus past Low Library and Uris Hall to the Schapiro Center
Click here for Map of Directions
RSVP limit: 20 "Yes" and "Maybe" RSVPs
Please take a moment to your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Maybe" as well as "Yes".)
You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com...