New York City German Language Meetup Group Message Board › Job Opening - Language Project Manager
Language Project Manager
….looking for a bright, self-motivated Language Project Manager to join our “startup within an established company”. Language Project Managers manage the entire life-cycle of translation projects for our clients.
· Oversee all aspects of project coordination (scheduling, trafficking, and management of all data, personnel, and resources) from hand-off through project completion to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality delivery.
· Proofread final product and at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy
· Strengthen excellent relationships with contract linguists
· Manage pricing and contractual issues by developing a thorough understanding of company procedures
· Liaise with client services and production staff to clarify assignment needs and goals
· Juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Research and resolve payment issues
Essential skills and experience required:
· 0-2+ years Project Management experience
· Fluency in target language (native level) and English
· Must have demonstrated localization experience
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
· Ability to prioritize activities on a daily basis to accomplish project goals
· Ability to generate and maintain budgets and schedules
· Superior writing and communication skills
· Strong computer skills and experience with standard translation management tools preferred but not required (Trados, Wordfast, SDLX, Catalyst)
· Knowledge of Acrobat, HTML and XML preferred but not required
· Willing to learn new things, be open to challenges and thrive on success
Candidates should apply with their resume (in English) to Alison Braid (abraid[at]translations[dot]com).