Thank you for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about this group. We get together about at least 5+ times per month, sometimes more, and meet up at a bar or restaurant then usually check out a movie afterward. Our members' ages vary but the one thing we all have in common is our love of horror. I haven't met all the members but the ones I HAVE MET are Really Great People! Besides movies, we also attend Horror Conventions and we're often invited to screenings.
If you are looking for a group where you can socialize, watch a movie and attend special events then this is the group for you!!! I became Organizer of the group in June 2006. The group continues to grow every month and is turning into something really big!!! Don't miss this opportunity to become a part of it.
One more thing, before you join us please read our rules and policies below.
THE NEW YORK HORROR MOVIE GROUP (NYHMG) MEMBERSHIP RULES & POLICIES
As you know, The New York Horror Movie Meet-Up group has grown quite a bit since its inception in 2006. In order to run a more efficient and organized group, we have created a list of membership rules and policies. Please take a few minutes to read and become familiar with them.
• The New York Horror Movie Meet-Up group is about having fun and meeting new friends, and we want to keep it that way! Please respect your fellow members and establishments we visit.
MEMBERSHIP DUES & PERKS
• All members are required to pay an annual
$11.00 membership fee which covers you from Jan 1st - Dec 31st of the current year.
New members are expected to pay their annual membership dues at the 1st meet-up they attend
You can either pay $11.00 via PayPal by your 1st event or $11.00 in cash at the 1st event you attend.
• Paid members receive special perks such as free movie screenings through out the year, access to “PAID MEMBERS ONLY” events, free alcohol at certain events and free promotional items (DVD's, books, collectibles, etc), depending on what is available at the time. So if you haven’t done so already, please pay your annual membership fee.
ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
• Attendance is taken at all meet-up events, and although we do our best to make sure everyone who attends is marked
, it is ultimately your responsibility to check-in with us and make sure we know you are there.
• Please arrive
and at the designated meeting location for meet-ups. Not doing so or meeting the group elsewhere or later may result in you being marked as a
, and we don’t want that to happen
AVOIDING NO-SHOWS & STRIKES
Please note that we have a “3 STRIKE” rule in effect!
If you RSVP
to a meet-up event, we expect you to attend. If something comes up and you need to change your RSVP from “Yes” to “No”. If you do not change your RSVP and you fail to attend, you will receive 1
and you will also be marked down as a
• You will also receive 1
for every meet-up event you attend without having paid your membership fee.
• Members with
“3 STRIKES / 3 NO-SHOW’s”
can be removed from the group without warning and their annual membership fee, if paid, will be forfeited.
• If you are unsure about your attendance, we prefer you RSVP “No” rather than “Yes”.
• Members with
EXCESSIVE NO SHOW’s/STRIKES
may be removed without warning. This means you joined the group, were removed, rejoined again but still received
3 STRIKES / 3 NO SHOW’s
• Most of our events involve meeting at a bar prior to an event or going to a bar after an event or generally consuming alcohol at some point in an evening. For everyone's safety, we do require that you must be 21 or over to join our group. You may choose to bring a guest to a film or other event that people under 21 are normally allowed to attend but you must understand that
THEY ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
• Certain events require advanced planning and will have costs associated with them, therefore you will need to have a pay-pal account to pre-pay for such events. Setting up an account is quick and easy but if you don’t know how to set one up or you wish to create one, you can find the detailed instructions posted up on our message board.
• We usually take pictures at events and them post them on the site. All pictures post it on the site, will remain on the site even if a members leaves or has been remove from the group.
MEMBER PROFILE PICTURES
• Member profiles require a main profile picture to be posted. This is necessary for taking attendance at events.
GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL
The following types of actions are cause for immediate removal:
• Harm or intimidate another person in any way, including restricting or inhibiting any other user from using our NYHMG site
• Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state, through the use of email addresses, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device
• "Stalk" or otherwise harass another
• Posting any Public Information or other material, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, intimidating, vulgar, obscene, profane, libelous, invasive of another's privacy (including the posting of private emails or contact information about another individual), hateful, or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, including any Public Information or other material that may be considered hate speech
• Encouraging others to violate this Rules
SPECIAL POLICY FOR EVENTS WITH LIMITED SPACE
This policy applies mainly to events with limited space, in an effort to ensure that as many members as possible have an opportunity to participate.
Our process is simple for each event. At 3 PM, we print the sign-in list. At every event we take attendance. Any names not checked off are marked as No Shows. It is a member’s responsibility to make sure the organizer has checked them in.
1) We take No Shows very seriously. We understand that plans can change; we simply request that you change a 'yes' RSVP to a 'no' if you cannot make an event. This is especially important for events with waiting lists. When there is a waitlist if possible please update your status by the day before the event.
2) The attendance list is printed on the day of each event at 3 PM (unless otherwise noted). After each event, any name not 'checked off' by the organizer as attending is a No Show. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are checked off. Anyone who attempts to change their RSVP after 3 PM may be marked as a No Show. If you were bringing multiple guests and your entire group does not show up, you may be marked as a 'multiple' No Show. If you are marked as a No Show, your 'title' within our group will be marked as a 'No Show' (so that this information shows up when you RSVP).
Once you have been marked as a No Show:
3) No Shows will be able to "pay off" their no show by paying $11.00 online or pay $11.00 at the door.
4) For events that are full, we often require current No Shows to pay off their status before the event; otherwise, they will be removed from the 'yes' RSVP list and cannot attend.
5) For events with a waitlist, organizers can move habitual No Show-ers and habitual latecomers to the wait list. This applies to viewings at a member’s residence, free screenings and parties. We understand that things come up. This only applies to repeated occurrences but regardless of whether or not it’s been paid off each time.
6) If you are hit with three No Shows you will be removed from the NY Horror Movie Meetup group.
• People who are Organizers or Assistant Organizer of other horror (or related to horror) group(s) won't be accepted to join this group.
• If you are remove (ban) from the group you won't be able to join again.
• If you leave the group and then try to join again. It will be up to the Organizer & Co-Organizer if you can be accepted or not.
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE RULES
MAY BE UPDATED & REVISED AS NECESSARY ***
(Revised September 12, 2012)