I wanted to bring a great opportunity to everyones attention. One of clients, a large well known media network, is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer to join a team of extremely talented engineers to assist in the development of a service oriented architecture as well as integration. This is a long term contracting assignment that will require some occasional paid travel to Knoxville, TN. The ideal candidate profile will be Java/Spring/Hibernate with core skills in Web Services development.
A well-known media network is seeking a Java / WebServices Developer to assist in service-oriented architecture, as well as integration. This position, located in Knoxville, Tennessee (with the opportunity to work remote), is on a 6+ month contract basis with the potential for extension, is ideal for someone who not only thrives in a team environment, but also can mentor and be mentored.
As a Java / Webservices Developer, this person will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, developing, modifying and implementing middleware software components on application servers to be used on web or n-tier applications.
- Developing and assessing technical architecture, design, and framework.
- Contributing to the overall software development lifecycle including requirements gathering/analysis, design, development technologies, release/version control, testing, and deployment.
- Developing technical specifications and documentation.
- Performing application testing of components, modifications, and overall systems.
- Developing documentation for applications.
- Task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Reviewing the work of other peers on project teams.
- Working in close partnership with other team members and other teams.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Equivalent experience
- 5-8 years experience of commercial Java development;
- Understanding of J2EE including open source, n-tier architecture, object oriented Analysis and Design
- Fundamental understanding of web applications, data models and relational databases (preferably Oracle)
- Success with Agile software development methodologies, especially Scrum and extreme Programming (XP)
- Experience utilizing continuous integration environments and comprehensive xUnit testing and TDD (test driven development)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), SOAP, ReST, Web Services; Contributor to the Open Source Community preferred
- Open source Java tools
- UI frameworks
- Tomcat or other application server desired
- Mule ESB
- Tibco Active Matrix in the enterprise is highly preferred
michael brown | recruiting manager
winter wyman companies | technology staffing
tel:[masked] | fax:[masked] | aim: mbrownTCN |
**Winter, Wyman offers a $500 referral for each Contract Professional you refer who completes 160 hours on an assignment**