|Sent on:||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:38 PM|
I am currently searching for a senior java developer for a front office position located in New York City. This is a consulting opportunity with the possibility for right to hire. To be considered for this opportunity, you can send me an updated resume directly at [address removed]
As a Developer in Front Office Technology, you will be working in a highly heterogeneous environment both in terms of technologies and platforms as well as in terms of background of other team members. You will be expected to bring your own in-depth knowledge or expertise to the table.
As part of a team within Front Office Technology that deals with Risk Systems & Historic Data, this role is suitable for individuals with a get-things-done attitude. It will appeal to you if you have a desire to work in a meritocratic environment where everyone is expected to be disciplined, organized and held to a high standard of results.
If you are passionate about technology, you will have the opportunity to help develop our front office technology environment. This role is suitable for a self-starter who is capable of working independently but can also work within a team.
You will work in all aspects of the Front Office technology platform, with focus on risk and historic data. You will also provide second line of support (including on-call duties), as this Front Office Technology team supports business functions that are operationally critical to the firm.
- Excellent problem solver
- Very strong back-end experience, server side Java
- Excellent understanding of core Java - data structures, concurrent programming, java vm memory management, collections, network programming
- Experience with systems integration, distributed systems, and various design patterns
- Knowledge of caching techniques and frameworks, Spring and its sub-frameworks, XML, REST, RPC, w/ authentication
- Experience with messaging technologies - publish/subscribe, request/response
- Experience with relational databases, entity relationship modelling required, working knowledge of SQL required
- Active knowledge of build / continuous integration tools
- Proficient in scripting such as shell scripting, Python, or Perl
- Experience with Big Data technologies highly advantageous
- Market data development experience very useful - RMDS, OMM, Client
- Time series systems/databases programming experience including APIs
- Experience with R or another statistical package
- Financial industry expertise advantageous (risk systems)
- C++ experience useful but does not have to be current
- Rule engine experience useful but not required
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Michael Caracozza ([address removed]) from The New York City Java Meetup Group.
To learn more about Michael Caracozza, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
This email message originally included an attachment.