The New York Cloud and Grid Computing Meetup Group Message Board › Security in the Cloud, or Virtual Environment

Security in the Cloud, or Virtual Environment

A former member
Post #: 3
I have known these folks for many years, excellent people, excellent technology. Check them out. See what you think. Please give us any feedback.

They have always been real ground-breakers, for the Virtual Environment. In the beginning, people tried to use hardware solutions, to find weaknesses, in the Virtual World? Their approach, was to use Virtual Machines, to track/audit and report on Virtual Environments. Makes sense ? :-)

Here's a link to their website;
http://www2.catbird.c...­

Security for Cloud and Virtual Environments

Architecture

vSecurity consist of two elements: A virtual appliance, deployed inside each VMware or Xen host (NOT on each virtual machine) and a Catbird Control Center typically deployed in the Security Operations Center (SOC). A Catbird appliance is the eyes and ears of the virtual network, delivering the security protection from inside the virtual host. This applicance reports back to the Control Center, where the management and expert system reside.

The Catbird Control Center provides a single enterprise-wide view of the security and compliance state of the virtual infrastructure. The Control Center is responsible for policy-based analytics and compliance workflow and reporting.

Deeper Compliance than all Competitors Combined

Catbird monitors and enforces against the broadest set of COBIT and ISO 27001 controls. with the industry's most comprehensive compliance coverage across commercial standards such as GLBA, PCI, HIPPA, SOX and Federal standards such as DIACAP and FISMA

Catbird Security Controls

Catbird vSecurity is the only solution that incorporates the broadest set of controls required to meet the major compliance standards. These seven areas of audit are all covered by Catbird vSecurity:
■Vulnerability Management
■Inventory Management
■Configuration Management
■Change Management
■Incident Response
■Access Control
■Auditing
Rizwan P.
user 17934572
New York, NY
Post #: 1
I reviewed what you wrote, and their website. It does look interesting. I think I will contact them, and try and get a free download. If I learn anything I will update you and the group. Fingers crossed. Let's see if I am able to do this. I may have to borrow a bigger machine. Not sure.