NYC Neo4j has been quiet for the past couple of months and now it's time to resume our monthly meetups!
Join us this Thursday for a special speaker, David Fox, from Snap Interactive. David currently runs Neo4j in production and has come up with a great presentation on tips, tricks and optimization techniques for production environments.
Some things we will cover:
- Tips/tricks for importing very large data sets
- Optimizing queries - when it's worth it to use Java over Cypher
- Powerful techniques for load testing web-based systems
- Strategies for scaling lots of concurrent reads
- Scaling concurrent writes and high-velocity updating
A little bit about Snap Interactive:
SNAP Interactive (creators of the dating app AYI.com) runs one of the largest production Neo4j clusters that contains over 8.7 billion relationships and 1.2 billion nodes. The cluster serves thousands of live requests per minute. Getting our system to be efficient, flexible and stable took a lot of work and allowed us to learn many valuable lessons and techniques for running Neo4j in production. We will share many of these and go into detail about how we overcame some specific scaling challenges.