add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The New York Permaculture Meetup Message Board Archive: All posts before 11/18/2012 › Looking to start Brooklyn permie-house

Looking to start Brooklyn permie-house

user 6646206
Taipei, TW
Post #: 9
Dreaming it into existence....

A sunny bright apartment or house, in a safe central location in Brooklyn, close to public transportation. Williamsburg/Bushwick/Park Slope/Prospect Park, etc.. Perfect distance between the beach and Manhattan.

Must have either yard or rooftop access for gardening, and ability to get creative.

I'd prefer to start a house with 2-3 other people, preferrably 20s-40s, with an interest in urban permaculture and semi-communal living. By semi, I mean that we can collaborate on household or even community projects, and share in some bulk food buying, while at the same time having our own space and freedom to do what we want. My ideal housemates are open-minded, passionate and even a little crazy! I like people who are social and make enjoyment of life a priority, and would be open to hosting some parties now and then. Guys/girls/LGBT doesn't matter, as long as you're real and we connect. I also love learning languages so other polyglots encouraged.

Household project could include: soap/lotion making/dumpster diving/kombucha/fermentation/DIYprojects­/solar cooking/solar hot water/biofuels/keeping chickens, and more!

** On food: I don't mind if you're vegetarians, but ideally I'd prefer to live with other non-vegs, so we can share in ordering raw dairy and pastured meats, animal fats, and enjoy cooking together when we have time.

ALTERNATIVELY: If any of you already have such a place going, and are looking for a new housemate to add to your mix, let me know!

About me: I'm 29, took my PDC last summer at the Panya Project in Thailand. Recently became a yoga instructor and am interested in pursuing acting, designing smartphone apps, and fashion design, among other entrepreneurial pursuits. I've travelled and lived abroad, and speak French and Chinese, and a little Hebrew. I'm looking forward to creating a sacred and awesome space to call my own! (and your own!)