The New York Permaculture Meetup Message Board Archive: All posts before 11/18/2012 › Participation requested: Online research survey about buying less in NYC

Participation requested: Online research survey about buying less in NYC

A former member
Post #: 7
Participation requested: Online research survey about buying less in NYC

My name is Kirsten Firminger. I am a graduate student in the Social Psychology program at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. I am currently conducting an online survey in order to gather information for my dissertation, which focuses on people living in New York City who have voluntarily chosen to reduce how much they buy. The purpose of my research is to get a better understanding of how people learn to buy less and what barriers and supports people have encountered while trying to voluntarily buying less.

In order to participate, it does not matter how long you have been buying less or how successful you have been -- I am interested in learning about all the different experiences people have had. Similarly, I would like to hear from people who have chosen to buy less for a variety of reasons.

You could be buying less because you are:

** Concerned about the environment
** Looking to save money or be financially independent
** Want to live a simpler, less materialistic lifestyle
** Unhappy with the influence and conduct of corporations or businesses
** Whatever the reason you choose to voluntarily buy less, I am interested in what you have to say.

In order to participate, you need to:
-- be currently living in the New York City Metro area,
-- have voluntarily chosen to buy less,
-- and be over the age of 18.

For more information and to participate, please go to:

http://bit.ly/buyless...­

The survey takes around 15 - 25 minutes to fill out. Participation is voluntary and all information provided will be treated as confidential.

Thanks for your time! Please feel free to pass this along to others who may be interested.

Kirsten

Kirsten Firminger
Doctoral Candidate in Social-Personality Psychology
The Graduate Center - City University of New York
kfirminger@gc.cuny.edu or 718-238-1803
Advisor: Dr. Colette Daiute cdaiute@gc.cuny.edu or 212-817-8711