addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The New York Permaculture Meetup Message Board Archive: All posts before 11/18/2012 › Interested in information on edible walking paths

Interested in information on edible walking paths

A former member
Post #: 1

I am seeking information about creating an edible walking path/ trail at my local community park. The walking path is undergoing renovations and now would be a good time to propose to my township committee the installation of an edible walking path. The purpose of the edible walking trail would be to beautify the area as well as to incorporate the benefits of being outdoors, exercise and connecting with nature and healthy foods by making it accessible to anyone throughout the year. Also to be available for the neighboring school to observe and learn about harvesting food locally grown. I live in Maplewood, NJ and the neighborhood around the park could really benefit from an edible walking path. Any ideas? Really appreciate the help and any references that I can use to convince my township committee to buy into this idea!

Candice Davenport