"The New York City Digital Photography Meetup Group" Message Board › Looking to create a study group for unexperienced photogs (noobs)

Looking to create a study group for unexperienced photogs (noobs)

A former member
Post #: 4
I'm new to photography and learning from a book, but I cant seem to find the motivation to study from it. Have a similar problem? maybe getting together with people and studying will help things flow better. If you are a rusty intermediary, a noob, or just anybody looking to brush up on thier skills, maybe we can get together and form a study group regularly.

Everyone interested, say Aye.
A former member
Post #: 3
great idea
A former member
Post #: 1
I am interested too and it is just what I would need. Where would it be located and when? SQM
Marilyn
SmileyChic
Bayonne, NJ
Post #: 30
I'm a novice too and once I get my first digital SLR, this is exactly what I'll need....A beginner's group! Let me know when this happens!
A former member
Post #: 6
I'm trying to get as many people as i can, so I'm gonna give it till the end of the week. I'll start to contact you guys then and figure where we can meet up and study together. I was actually thinking of prospect park in Brooklyn. There is a guy who lives a couple of blocks away from there who I wanna try to get to come out and show us some stuff.
Randy A.
user 11035296
Bronx, NY
Post #: 6
I'd love to get in on this too. I've picked up a bunch of random things over the past year, but I don't even know where I stand in terms of knowledge.
Rob
user 9317807
Yonkers, NY
Sounds good to me.
A former member
This is something I'd like very much. Keep us posted.

- Carlos F. Meneses

--
Carlos F. Meneses on Flickr
A former member
Post #: 3
I've been shooting for about 25 years. Let me know if you guys/gals need any help. Another suggestion that I have is, maybe you might want to start your own Meetup group.
A former member
Post #: 7
I've been shooting for about 25 years. Let me know if you guys/gals need any help. Another suggestion that I have is, maybe you might want to start your own Meetup group.

Yes, that would be awesome. Just what the doctor ordered. Since we are new, some photography guidance would be very helpful to us :)