|Sent on:||Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:01 PM|
Lead Engineer - PHP
An early-stage well-funded start-up developing a new platform for searching and shopping in-store products. With the robust data we collect from our social product, we are able to deliver effective product recommendations and enable retailers and brands to advertise to customers in a very targeted way.
We have been featured as “What’s Hot” on the App Store homepage in over 120 countries, as well as in TechCrunch, WSJ, Forbes, AllThingsD, Next Web, Business Insider, Fox News, etc.
We are looking for a talented Lead Engineer - PHP, server-side, to join our dynamic team. An ideal candidate is a true thought partner who will oversee our software development efforts. S/he is hungry, smart, driven to win, and has a strong desire to work for an early stage start-up and make it a success.
You will work either in our main office in Palo Alto, CA, or in New York, NY.
The compensation is a mix of a competitive base salary, benefits, and significant equity package.
* At least 3-4 years of software development experience with focus on building back-end software
* Exceptional programming skills, ideally in PHP. We will also consider Ruby on Rails and/or Python
* Strong interest & experience working with large data sets (e.g., predictive analytics, experiments design, data mining, etc.)
* Experience leading small teams, or a leading potential
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced start-up environment
* Experience with mobile (iOS, Android)
* Domain experience/interest in social media or commerce
* Good aesthetic and UI design sense