|Sent on:||Monday, August 20, 2012 5:09 PM|
Web Developer (PHP) – New York, NY – Up to 90,000
The PHP Developer works on a project-by-project basis with other engineers, web developers, business and marketing team members to create an intuitive experience for website visitors and clients. This includes extending and improving an object-oriented PHP framework, building solutions and maintaining existing applications in a high-energy environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build Great Web Sites: work with other engineers, developers, architects, QA, system engineers and project managers in solving new and existing technical challenges.
• Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk: understand requirements, implement solutions, and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects.
• Be There When Needed: perform scheduled on-call duties.
• Speak Up: participate in Design and Code Reviews.
• Find A Better Way: follow and enhance existing development processes; Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability; Maintain ownership of the projects assigned.
• Get It Done: deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Exceptional Object Oriented PHP Development Experience: four (4) + years of professional-level OO PHP 5 experience, including experience with MVC Frameworks.
• Plays Nice With Others: collaborative development experience, able to explain complex ideas and concepts to non-technical team members.
• Unit Testing Makes You Happy: understand how and why unit testing delivers better solutions and speeds up maintenance.
• Laser Vision: superb attention to detail.
• Experience with Web Standards philosophies and modern XHTML/HTML /CSS markup recommended.
• Related experience in software testing and design desired.
• Team-oriented experience highly desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills regardless of audience.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, art and technology, information technology, information systems or equivalent work experience.
Established portfolio of work and/or code samples.
Matthew Smith | COO / President
Smith & Keller | smithandkeller.com
228 Park Ave S. | New York, NY 10003
Phone:[masked] ext. 202 | [address removed]
Be sure to connect with me on LinkedIn