NYC PHP Message Board › Architect, Sr Dev, Front End Dev, etc.
|A former member||
Join one of the top online travel media companies and lead us forth into new products and technologies! We're looking for PHP ninjas / rock stars / pirates / gurus / <insert term-du-jour here> to help lead our agile team. We have a number of new products and services rolling out in 2011 and want you to help us lead them.
(Like non-web platforms? While we're primarily web we're launching on the ipad and will be doing other mobile apps as well.)
We have multiple roles open including Architect, Tech Lead, Sr Developer, Front End Developer, and more. The follow is a generic description, specific responsibility and requirements will vary by particular role (but you already know the difference in jobs descriptions between say an architect and a front end developer anyway).
* Lead design and development of different product lines
* Develop and maintain (well tested, well documented) code
* Lead and mentor more junior developers
* Keep on top of new technologies and help discover technology based business opportunities on the web, phones, ipad, and other platforms
* Significant experience coding PHP / LAMP
* Strong communication skills
* Comfort with *nix environments
* Experience with MySQL
* Experience mentoring
* Fun attitude, well liked by co-workers (don't underestimate how is important this one is!)
Nice to haves...
* Good leadership abilities a plus
* Strong MySQL skills a big plus
* CakePHP and other framework experience a plus
* Experience with other languages (RoR, Java, Python) a plus
* Experience with scrum or other agile methodologies a plus
* Well traveled passport is a big plus
About the company:
We are a small, profitable travel media company located in midtown Manhattan. We have all the upside of a startup (casual environment, agile methodology, rapid launching of new web and mobile products) combined with the advantages of an established company (profitable, good brand name, an existing user base to quickly adopt new products).
Every single person in engineering is expected to be a leader. If you want to be told what to do and code quietly in the corner, we're not the place for you. Rather we want engineers who say "I've got an idea..." and will see that idea from thought through roll-out. Engineers are expected to keep abreast of new technologies and use them to develop new products.
Our industry is travel and our employees travel the world, so if you like traveling you'll enjoy the perks of being an insider.
******* Send resumes and cover letter to: cto -(@)- shermanstravelmedia.com