NYC PHP - The New York PHP Meetup Group Message Board › Skilled PHP Developer and Architect Needed!
New York, NY
We are seeking a freelance php developer who lives in the New York/New Jersey area to begin working immediately. We are a start up social networking site with incredible upside. Our site is 95 % complete and we are looking for a skilled developer to finish up the remaining items and become part of our team moving forward. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground level and be a part of something special.
As developer, you will also be responsible for taking a young company to the next level. The candidate we seek for this position will serve multiple roles as architect, developer and designer. Candidates must be fluent in php, sql, html, css etc. We are very detail oriented and are looking to build our site into a major social networking hub on par with other social networks such as Facebook, twitter, linked in etc. Knowledge of social networks is a must. The ideal candidate will be able to update the site on a daily basis, de-bug and build larger, future enhancements quickly and efficiently. Initially, you will be the only developer on staff. You will have full autonomy to implement your vision. You must be a self starter, highly organized, responsible and ready to thrive in this environment. The candidate we seek must believe in this project and have a passion for it moving forward. Compensation is negotiable.
Site Facts: The site is built with PHP 5.2, MySQL5 Database and Custom Framework.
• 5+ years proficient in PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS development. Experience w/LAMP stack (Linux/Unix, Apache).
• Experience implementing major 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.).
• Experience and ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including architecture, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Create, test, debug and maintain code and scripts.
• Mastery of Cross browser development including special considerations for the various quirks.
• Ability to solve complex, multi-dimensional problems and understanding of algorithm design.
• Take ownership of code and featured development. Don’t just make it good, make it better. Attention to detail and pride of work is a must.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies and implement web development best practices.
• Knowledge and passion of social networks, tools, platforms and sites is required.
• Knowledge of security based issues including cookies and encryption .
• High level understanding of internet services, such as SOAP, xmlrpc, wddx etc.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures.
• Solid understanding of digital storefronts, transaction and e-payment systems.
• Knowledge of source control software such as Perforce or SVN and also CDN (Content Delivery Networks).
Remaining items for Site Completion
• Generating Video Thumbnails (ffmpeg)
• Debugging and fixing Invite Friends Contact Importer (Aol, Yahoo, MSN, Hotmail, Gmail)
• Installing Facebook/Twitter Invite Friends API
• Install Transcoding Api (Allows for users to upload in various formats)
• Testing and completing Embedding/Sharing features
• Installing Java Audio player
• Fixing other bugs
• Deployment on Production Server
Please email your resume or contact me at email@example.com
Edited by Joshua Smith on May 15, 2011 2:57 PM