NYC PHP Message Board › System Application Developer Position
New York, NY
• Assist with the creation of integration services packages (SSIS), scripts and other elements necessary to move data from the source databases into the data warehouse.
• Builds BI applications such as:
o Custom tools to support the ongoing management of the DW/BI system
o Standard reports
o Advanced analytic applications
o Custom components
• Infrastructure development/support
o Stored procedures
o Views & Table build & maintenance
• Data Exports
o Development of data exports to external system/vendors
? FTP batching
? Web display/access
? SSIS Export Packages or similar export specification tool creation & maintenance
• Working with the data architects, develop, test and implement new recurring system output and update existing recurring output as required.
• Coordinate table and warehouse design changes with the data warehouse development team.
• In conjunction with management, prioritize system output requests and create development schedule.
• Oversee daily automated data feeds and output associated with the data warehouse.
• User interfaces for:
o Metadata and dimension maintenance
o Ad Hoc reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or related field) and/or 4 to 5 years relevant working experience utilizing SQL Server DW/BI tools.
• Specific experience in MS SQL 2005/2008 data modeling, data mining & ETL tools.
• Competent in a range of technologies including MS SQL Server, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and general programming experience.
• Experienced in writing complex SQL and analytical SQL statements typical of decision support systems.
• Must be highly motivated and aggressive in resolving business problems.
• Ability to own issues and drive to conclusion.
• Capable of multi-tasking and working with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Able to be effective independently and also work as part of a team.
Visit our website: