NYC PHP Message Board › Job Description: Database and Web Site Administrator NYC
|A former member||
Call or email for further details
Client: Start up gaming company:
Job Description: Database and Web Site Administrator
Comp: 6 figures plus+
• Minimum 2 years experience required in installing, upgrading and maintaining Microsoft SQL server, client and application software
• Minimum 2 years experience required with PHP and XML
• Managing different levels of privileges. • Must have MS Windows Server and Windows networking skills
• Excellent listening, written and oral communications
• Manage time and communication efforts to maximize efficiency
• Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
• Capability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
• Capacity to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
• Must have good communications and documentation skills.
• The candidate is able to work in a team environment, work independently and proactively as needed to identify problems and find solutions.
• Must be a self started who is self motivated
• Quicktime and Flash experience a plus
• Game Company Experience a plus
• Design, install, configure, maintain and support SQL Server databases. Maintain any update patches
• Make changes to web site as needed
• Optimize code
• Create databases as needed from information collected from web sites, email engines, the game itself and other sources
• Create SQL Replication, Stored Procedure and Triggers when required
• Monitor and troubleshoot databases to optimize database performance, resource use and perform daily check of all the SQL related processes
• Provide support of all access to data contained in a database from various applications as well as data retrieval for application analysis
• Database related software installation, upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting, including client modules and web modules
• Database Security, Backup and Recovery and the Disaster Recovery Planning.
• Provide technical assistance to other offices administrators on SQL related issues and upgrades
• Maintain and support of full-text index databases on Windows and Unix servers.
• Provide project support for application upgrades, including research, testing, and implementation
• Maintain thorough documentation on installation, troubleshooting and procedures