NYC PHP - The New York PHP Meetup Group Message Board › Jetsetter Software Engineer
New York, NY
Wanted to reach out to everyone with this job. Feel free to reach out to me at Rha@gilt.com if interested!
• Jetsetter, a member of Gilt Groupe, provides invitation-only access to high-end travel experiences at deeply discounted prices. Like Gilt, our sales are open to members for just 36 hours and include some of the best names in luxury and boutique travel.
• Our management team includes seasoned entrepreneurs who have built world-class business at companies such as DoubleClick, Kayak, American Express, Viacom, and Right Media.
• Jetsetter enjoys the backing of Gilt Groupe, which pioneered this successful format in luxury fashion. In just 2 years, Gilt has acquired over 2M members and is growing rapidly.
• We pay well, we balance work and play, and we have fun together as we build a unique community of travelers.
Engineering at Jetsetter:
Get in on the ground floor of an exciting startup, where we seek innovative solutions to building and scaling a new product. We are looking for team members that are interested in collaborating on issues as varied as data modeling/warehousing to feature innovations to application architecture. We work together to solve tough problems in order to deliver an enterprise-level e-commerce system and exceptional user experience. We encourage original thinking and foster self-directed focus on quality and building for future growth.
• Analyze and report on large amounts of data for clear presentation to Jetsetter executives.
• Interface with other teams within Jetsetter and Gilt on a daily basis, including reporting, editorial and creative teams.
• Assist in development of tools to aid in business analysis, including reporting and data warehousing.
• Develop Jetsetter’s administrative controls and content management system.
• Recommend establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.
• Examine and evaluate purpose and content of business reports to develop new, or improve existing format, use, and control.
• 3+ years of object-oriented coding experience using either PHP or J2EE. Experience using PHP required.
• Web development experience a must.
• 3+ years working with relational database systems; MYSQL preferred.
• Experience working with Unix family of operating systems.
• Must be comfortable interacting at all levels within an organization.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit, self starter, and thinks outside of the box.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree required.
• Experience working with Business Intelligence systems to provide complex reporting capabilities preferred.