NYC Vegans is for vegans, vegetarians and aspiring vegans. When we eat together as a group, we eat 100% vegan.
We're the little sister group to our 7,000-member big sibling group, The New York City Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup.
Here is what makes our smaller group unique:
* We've added a distinctly Brooklyn focus to our group. We'll be hosting Brooklyn-based outdoor events all summer long. These will include a Brooklyn Bridge Park tour and picnic, an evening of Coney Island Friday Night Fireworks (every Friday night in summer there's a fireworks spectacular in Coney Island), and a lakeside picnic in Prospect Park. Even when summer is over, we will retain our Brooklyn focus.
* We still love Manhattan. We're going to be painting the town red, as small groups of us go bar-hopping among Manhattan's top bars and lounges.
* Except for the few large outdoor events we're hosting this summer, we'll almost always be doing small events. Our group will continue its tradition of hosting dinners at Manhattan's best small vegan restaurants.
* I love the water. Many of our events will be next to (and on) rivers, bays, lakes, and the Atlantic Ocean.
* Expect to hear music, see plays, attend cultural events, go dancing, go drinking and clubbing, and generally do the unexpected, the exciting, the elegant, the relaxing and the beautiful.
* While this is primarily a social group, we will sometimes engage in vegan activism and animal rights activism.
This group is specifically meant for people who are "socially conscious" and also very nice. We're that friendly "do-gooder" type of vegan. :) We're good-natured and compassionate, AND we like to have a good time. :)
Whether you're interested in our Manhattan vegan restaurant dinners, our outdoor and waterside adventures, our Manhattan nightlife, music, and cultural escapades, or our Brooklyn events, we invite you to join us for any or all of the above. Being vegan only adds to our fun in the cultural and entertainment capital of the world.