New York Open Statistical Programming Meetup Message Board › PlaceIQ - Software Engineer, Web Frontend
New York, NY
Position: Software Engineer, Web Frontend
Contact: Joseph Ranzenbach, email@example.com
PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms information into time and location context. Revolutionary techniques in data mining and machine learning at scale are being developed on a daily basis to uncover the reality of the world like no other company can.
Having already assembled an exceptionally skilled, diverse and passionate team of developers and data scientists, we are looking for world-class engineers that can (or are willing to learn how to…) do it all. From web front ends to regression models/classification algorithms, complex data visualizations to geospatial clustering, a full stack enterprise targeting platform to big data analytics, PlaceIQ software engineers live for huge challenges and know how to deliver in a fast paced, agile environment. Our unique culture breeds excellence and embraces creativity as we look to innovate and drive our business forward. If you have a passion for imagining and building technology solutions that will make an immediate impact in an untapped space, we want to talk to you!
The ideal candidate will be as well versed talking through user stories and developing mocks as they will be in writing application code. They will spend equal amounts of time designing rich frontends and providing thought leadership/requirements around establishing highly scalable, performant backends that they can consume. They will be able to balance and effectively deliver on a number of simultaneous commitments and continue to stay at the forefront of the latest industry breakthroughs. Perhaps most importantly, the successful candidate will exude the startup mindset from Day 1, taking product ownership throughout the development lifecycle.
• Experience with HTML5, CSS 3 and the full capabilities of modern web browsers
• Exposure to a number of SQL/NoSQL DB technologies (PostgresSQL preferred)
• Experience with at least one industry standard MVC web stack (Ruby on RAILS, Groovy/GRAILS, Python/Django)
• Experience in UNIX/Linux environments
• Understanding of RESTful Web Services
• BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
• Basic understanding/skills with Photoshop
• Experience building applications with Google/OpenStreetMap APIs
• Exposure to Java Web Services Stack (Tomcat)
• Familiarity with mobile web/app development (iOS and Android SDKs)
This position is located in New York, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Salary/Equity compensation commensurate on experience.