New York Open Statistical Programming Meetup Message Board › PlaceIQ - Senior Software Engineer, Platform
New York, NY
Position: Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Contact: Joseph Ranzenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms information into time and location context. Revolutionary techniques in data mining and machine learning at scale are being developed on a daily basis to uncover the reality of the world like no other company can.
Having already assembled an exceptionally skilled, diverse and passionate team of developers and data scientists, we are looking for world-class engineers that can (or are willing to learn how to…) do it all. From web front ends to regression models/classification algorithms, complex data visualizations to geospatial clustering, a full stack enterprise targeting platform to big data analytics, PlaceIQ software engineers live for huge challenges and know how to deliver in a fast paced, agile environment. Our unique culture breeds excellence and embraces creativity as we look to innovate and drive our business forward. If you have a passion for imagining and building technology solutions that will make an immediate impact in an untapped space, we want to talk to you!
As a senior member of our Engineering team, you will own the design, development and integration of the next generation PlaceIQ Mobile Platform. Along with the technical chops necessary to build and deploy robust, high-performance, always available services that will scale to our clients’ needs, the ideal candidate will bring the “right” mix of creativity and development discipline to expand the standards of excellence that our Engineers and Data Scientists have already set.
We work in an agile environment focused on delivering high quality software through quick iterations. We don’t always stick to a particular programming language or adapt our requirements to fit within a particular technology stack. Software development, for us, focuses on the simple yet elegant solutions to complex problems. We rely on the most basic fundamentals of computer science every day while drawing from the latest and greatest breakthroughs in mobile/web/big data paradigms to build the absolute best in class platform for our clients.
At PlaceIQ, we empower our team members to extend beyond traditional functional boundaries so that we can build game-changing products. This means that our Engineers will need to put on their Product Manager hats to deeply understand the mobile ecosystem with an eye towards developing a major disruption. Our Engineers will have to become Social Anthropologists/Analysts to uncover the hidden truths and behavioral patterns from petabytes of geospatial data. Our Engineers will be the heart of Ops in developing and maintaining flexible services. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, our Engineers will be our conduit to the customer so that we consistently deliver what they need.
• BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
• 3-5 years of industry experience with Enterprise Java or C/C++
• Full lifecycle development experience building high performance/low latency client-server architectures
• Strong database and networking skills
• Experience in UNIX/Linux environments with Bash/Perl/Python scripting
• Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
• Mastery of Java Web Services Stack (REST/Tomcat/Groovy/GRAILS)
• Familiarity with mobile web/app development (iOS and Android SDKs)
• Experience building and/or integrating mobile/display ad serving platforms
• Exposure to real-time bidding (high frequency trading/telecom) technologies is a big plus
• This position is located in New York, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Salary/Equity compensation commensurate on experience.